Search results

1. Obama the Plumber

Replacement of Tub

We often work on tubs, here we are disconnecting the drain from the tub. Homeowner was a little confused so we went at it slow. I was telling him that the tile should come out and a new tub should be installed. The drain was a bit wonky, and really this is the hard way to do it. My apprentice...
  2. Obama the Plumber

Does shimming a toilet risk cracking the base?

Shimming a bowl is pretty common. Shimming the back of the bowl typically works best. Your flange looks to be plastic, and should be secured to the floor. If you set the bowl down over it, check to see if it needs shimming. Here the bowl is shimmed and the cut off. Rubber shims are...
  3. Obama the Plumber

I’m scared to travel by air but I want to see my gf. Help!

I would suggest Going to a children's park And practice going down the slides there. Those are about 10' high and that will help you get used to some height. Next, try staring into a coffee cup And imagine a world far, far away. A world with tall cliffs and raging rivers far below. Feel the...
  4. Obama the Plumber

Moen kitchen faucet, Having trouble removing it.

You can pinch the ends of the clip inward as you push them through. Really. Just do it.
  5. Obama the Plumber

New water line 1000 feet long

I think you either need a good pump, or a way to siphon the water out of the ditch. Are you good at swimming? Sadly, most PVC glues don't like being used below water. They are kind of picky that way.
  6. Obama the Plumber

No hot water to shower

Thermostatic? That means you need to adjust the handle on them. Find out the brand, pull out the instructions and go mad dog on them. You should be able to lick this one in the bud.
  7. Obama the Plumber

Water on side of house not hot enough: crossed pipes?

So I take it you "have" pulled the handles and check the hot temperature limits? Because, being the careful man I am, that's the first thing I would have done. Seriously, the first thing. Not the second, why are you even thinking it would be the second thing, no way man, the first! Okay, do...
  8. Obama the Plumber

Siphons on drains

We need to internalize this idea of excellence. Not many folks spend a lot of time trying to be excellent. I do see you doing that. Be excellent in all your plumbing.
  9. Obama the Plumber

UP valve review

Okay, I gotta ask because I've never seen an UP valve before, or maybe I have and didn't know it was UP because water from the shower head should only be there when you want it to. So the trick is to install the valve, the UP valve with the word UP on the lower side. I'm thinking about...
  10. Obama the Plumber

Necessity of Vacuum Relief Valve - Not Pressure Relief Valve

Gigantopithecus The first Gigantopithecus remains described by an anthropologist were found in 1935 by Ralph von Koenigswald in an apothecary shop. Since then, relatively few fossils of Gigantopithecus have been recovered. Sittings of Bigfoot are rare, and so are imploded water heaters. That...
  11. Obama the Plumber

Old Wax

Yes. It will "BEE" aright.
  12. Obama the Plumber

drain trap problem

I think you're going to have to break down and buy some new parts there pardner. Don't worry. It will keep the economy going if you splurge on some new fittings. If you have a plastic pipe coming out of the wall, that's where you would glue a trap adapter. Buy some glue, it will buy someone...
  13. Obama the Plumber

Disappointed in Toto ultramax flush - is the hype all hooey?

Chocolate in the diet is no good. My wife likes chocolate.
  14. Obama the Plumber

Toilet life expectancy.

You had to pour water in the bowl, because the rim hole had plugged. Yes.........a bucket is handy to flush a toilet. Always keep a bucket next to the stool they say. :)
  15. Obama the Plumber

A simple question: are the water lines that go to the toilet tank all the same size?

None of the YouTube video's that I have seen were done by competent plumbers. Most I've seen are by homeowners playing doctor with tools that they found in the garage. There is nothing in them that I would want my kids to see. I don't want em picking up bad habits. Tubing bursts when you are at...
  16. Obama the Plumber

Basement Sink Installation

That's groovy news. Make sure you pull off within 42" for the vent from the trap and you're golden.
  17. Obama the Plumber

A simple question: are the water lines that go to the toilet tank all the same size?

Oh my God! A new toilet needs a new supply line. Quick question if you can answer this. How much will it cost to replace the lower portion of the drywall in your home, the padding under the carpets, the floors under your kitchen cabinets and resetting them, and then painting? Is it going to...
  18. Obama the Plumber

Casey 2

I should talk to my cousin about it. I'm not sure we're related, but I'm guess so. I could do health care. I have it with work though, so it's been good. I just need to keep working to make sure I maintain it. Some of my buddies have gone through their Cobra though. They're young yet, but still.
  19. Obama the Plumber

Toilet life expectancy.

I like the double cyclone by Toto for the lime. Just two large outlets on the rinse. Not a lot of those little pin holes that you normally see.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks