Search results

1. amartin725

Running a wire through a header

Tom, I'm no stranger to this, believe me. I have managed my own forums and even had a web-based business in which I sold off several years ago. I'm an EE by trade and have a small handy-man business on the side where I have been primarily doing major kitchens, bath and basement remodels as...
  2. amartin725

I don't feel your sentiment. My questions are about the wiring, not what materials are used in the construction. You don't need to worry, you live half the country away.
  3. amartin725

All the walls were built PT. A contractor had built it and the town had signed off on it. I have no worries, I just need to get my electrical and insulation inspections before the cold weather hits.
  4. amartin725

switched outlet with 3 way switches

I'm assuming that the circuit feed is coming from the bottom left and the rest of the outlets are off of the red and white leaving the diagram on the right? There are big issues here with this. You need to remove the wire that comes from the outlet and goes to the wire nut with the other 3...
  5. amartin725

Please help with leaking sink? What did we do wrong??

I've got the same problem with a sink I did 2 weeks ago. I didn't use anything on the threads of the drain pipe and have a slow drip so I need to take it apart and do as GP says. That's what I get for being too lazy to go out to the car and get the dope. It was for a family member so they got...
  6. amartin725

Thanks guys. There is room next to the door on the outside and that's where I want it. I'm not worried about that. I'm also not worried about this. There will be plenty of room for drywall and trim attachment hardware, the 'keepout' zone won't be that big, I only need to run a single...
  7. amartin725

I need to put an outside light on either side of this door. I didn't design or build this, but it's attached to my house and I've got the permit. The wire will come down from the top, the switch is on another wall. Can I legally channel the 2x4 or header(s) with a router, run the wire down...
  8. amartin725

How to Trouble shoot this???

I echo the other's comments...I would also caution that you could be damaging many of your appliances with this.
  9. amartin725

Shark bite

I've used them for temporary connections, such as to move the washing machine shut-off away from the cement wall while I build a closet around the washer and dryer. After the new wall was done, I went back, mounted the valve to it and officially soldered the connections. I was also completing...
  10. amartin725

Dishwasher Installation / Cabinets

I've always done 24" If you can fudge a 16th on either side to make yourself feel better, go for it. I did a kitchen remodel last year that went to granite. The brackets on the top of the dishwasher were spot welded on and a sturdy putty knife with a couple of good whacks with a hammer got...
  11. amartin725

No water from Hunter Pro C

The blinking sprinkler head indicates that a zone is active. If the rain detector is active, the display will show 'OFF'. Is it a water supply issue or a valve not turning on? You need to figure that one out. Can you turn the zones on manually? Are you feeding the system with a well?
  12. amartin725

Anyone familiar with Weathermatic valves?

Well, it does go a little bit farther. The controllers are intelligent and monitor current through the solenoid. Variances in voltages lead to variances in current sensed and it trips the controller showing Err on the zone. I compensated for this, but I can't give away all of my secrets ;)
  13. amartin725

I actually just wanted to post a follow-up to some of this. Weathermatic actually dropped me a note in reference to my issues and here was my response: Did I resolve the actual issue? Probably not, I fashioned up a band-aid and it keeps me happy as I don't have to come home and cringe...
  14. amartin725

It's been a year later and I have not had anymore solenoids fail since I performed my 'modifications'. Unfortunately, with having one of the dryest August's on record, my well gave out so even though the irrigation system is ok, I still can't water. Town water is just too expensive. :(
  15. amartin725

Installed a CSV, had a question or two..

Thanks for the info. I've actually been working to set up a sistern (~1000 gallons) with a secondary pump that will handle the irrigation system and the well will be dedicated to just filling the tank. Given the varying output that I've been able to get from this well over the last 3 seasons...
  16. amartin725

Installed a CSV, had a question or two..

I installed a CSV on my system and had a question or two. I have a driven point with a ¾ HP Sta-Rite jet pump with a 20 gallon Wellmate tank feeding my irrigation system (11 zones, 4 heads per zone). Pressure switch is set 40/60, tank now at 35 psi. The point is down about 16’ sitting just...
  17. amartin725

Opinions needed on Saniflo toilets

I'm in the process of a basement bathroom install and researched quite a few different things. I decided on the SaniGrind by Saniflo. It's the same grinder/pump as the SaniPlus, but I can use any off-the-shelf toilet. I talked with people at 2 unrelated major plumbing supply stores and the...
  18. amartin725

I survived the entire season without a single failure. What I did was to plug the 24VAC wall transformer into a Variac and I set the main supply to the Controller to 18VAC while under load (zone running). I had no degradation in any of the solenoids, and 2 that were on their way to failing...
  19. amartin725

Sewage Ejection Systems..recomendations?

I'm adding a full bathroom in the basement and have been looking at sewage ejection systems. Headroom is a concern, so I am going to trough the concrete floor to run the drain from the tub to maximize usable space. I've looked at the macerating toilets by Saniflo and a Saniplus was used when...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks