Search results

1. 99k

electrical service anamoly

Last night I was awakened out of a deep sleep to three CO detectors (plug-in type) all blasting at the same time on two levels of our house. A very ominous sign ... It then became very apparent that something happened to our electrical supply since any lights turned on in the home glowed faintly...
  2. 99k

Encountering cut panel ground wires

This is the second time this month where I went to install a water system and found the #4 ground wire from the panel to the copper water distribution line was purposely cut at the grounding clamp. Why would anyone want to do such a thing? In both instances, I noticed a lot of communications...
  3. 99k

Shower hairballs

I need advice for a disgusting job that I have been appointed to. I have a house full of woman and our Kohler shower tub is very efficient at catching hair. Each week I need to remove the drain mechanism (heavy brass assembly that lifts out) and retains a fist full of hair, slime, and God knows...
  4. 99k

CWS certification

I am considering the CWS certification offered by the Water Quality Association and was looking for feedback from folks who currently hold this certification or have held it at one time (objective pros and cons welcome). Thanks.
  5. 99k

To have employees ... or not

I am an owner/operator of a plumbing company. I suspect that most people on this site, as myself, are very conscientious about their work and customer service. I am considering expanding and would like to get firsthand experiences from others who have done the same. I work like a dog...
  6. 99k

submersible pump electrical requirements/holding tanks

I need some advice as to how a submersible pump should be wired in a holding tank for potable water that is located in the basement. The issue I have is that the manufacturer dictates that this submersible pump and separate solenoid/float assembly be plugged into a duplex outlet that is on a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks