Search results

1. Homey6660

HVAC Design -- returns necessary on each floor?

I have a two-storey, 87 year-old rowhouse that I'm having central heat/air installed in. The house is 1500 sq ft. The HVAC contractor I'm thinking of going with has worked with my on a potential design for the system that would have the return venting on the first floor only (the system itself...
  2. Homey6660

central heat/air install--product selection

I have an older house (1921 -- approx 1600 sq. ft. of living space) in which I'm having central heat/air installed. I have a good quote from a contractor who had installed a system in my neighbor's house w/o incident. He initially offers to install Goodman condensers/furnaces, etc. I am leaning...
  3. Homey6660

Boiler leak

I have a slow leak coming out by the pressure release valve on my boiler. I'm trying to isolate whether it's the valve or the expansion tank (Amtrol -- or Extrol -- model #30). Could be other issues, I suppose (I'm obviously clueless), but I'm focusing on those two for now. The leak happens...
  4. Homey6660

leaking heat system

I have a slow, steady leak coming from my heating system. Wondering if someone can identify what the particular pipe is and maybe suggest some solutions...(less than calling a plumber, though I will if necessary). THe pipe comes out of the unit and has a release valve. It branches off just prior...
  5. Homey6660

Garbage disposal causing minor backup in double sink

I installed a garbage disposal and new pvc pipes under the double-sink in my kitchen. I've had sporadic and very minor bouts with water coming up through the adjoining basin when I run the garbage disposal (the water barely gets from the drain into the actual basin). Any ideas why this is...
  6. Homey6660

Install garbage disposal in double sink

I am installing a garbage disposal (1/2 hp, Insinkerator Badger 5) under a double-sink. I would like some help determining how to plumb the sinks/dispoal (no dishwasher). I have a picture if someone offers to help off-line. Right now, the discharge hole/port from the disposal would line up...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks