Search results

1. Chris

PVC Pipe

I have a newly installed 1-1/2" PVC vent line for my bathtub that I screwed up, to use the technical term. I was working on my back in a crawlspce, gluing the vent into a wye in the drain. My hand slipped, the glue setup, and now the think is crooked as heck. This normally wouldn't matter...
  2. Chris

Bathtub waste and overflow

I recently replaced the trap for my bathtub and after looking at the waste and overflow decided that it needed to be replaced also. I have a couple of (potentially stupid) questions. 1. Which way does the beveled washer on the overflow go? Does the fat side go up or down or does it vary based...
  3. Chris

Dishwasher air gap vs. loop

The discussion about the stinky dishwasher got me to wondering about the best way to reinstall my dishwasher. I pulled it out due to an incompetent electrical installation by the p/o of the house, but as long as it's out I figured I might as well check out the plumbing, too. The current setup...
  4. Chris

Adjustable P-Trap

I am installing a new trap under my bathtub, using 2" PVC. The vent is in the valve wall for the tub, next to the waste and overflow. In order to get the required 4" minimum length trap arm, I have to angle the J-bend away from the san-tee, then set the outlet and trap arm at an angle, so the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks