Search results

1. Cfipp

Need a Trip Flush Lever/Handle for Odd-Shaped URC Atlas 4490 Tank Hole (Universal Rundle Corp)

I read about someone who also has a URC with an oval tank hole. They used their Dremel and a cylindrical grinding stone attachment to widen the hole opening. I have a Dremel and grinding stones. I also have some diamond drill bits that I use to drill holes in bottom of ceramics/pottery for...
  2. Cfipp

Need a Trip Flush Lever/Handle for Odd-Shaped URC Atlas 4490 Tank Hole (Universal Rundle Corp)

The plastic can't handle the torque. EDIT: I just realized I have the handle facing the wrong way. That's what happens when you pull something out of the trash and put it back together for a photo. Sorry! (For anyone who is confused, the pointy part of the handle must be pointing to the...
  3. Cfipp

Thanks so much for the reply. I have already bookmarked and checked out both of those sites and they both sell only a plastic lever. :(
  4. Cfipp

Has anyone every had one of these in their hands? Is it just a threaded bolt that goes through the hole? Or a fitting? I can't tell from the photo: 8.5 in. Heavy-Duty Solid Brass Toilet Tank Lever with Chrome Handle Home Depot link UPDATE: I found this post in the Home Depot Q&A with...
  5. Cfipp

I have had the hardest time finding replacement flush handles/trip levers for my old Universal Rundle Corp URC Atlas 4490 toilets. The hole in the tank is oval and handle after handle will not fit into the hole. I finally got "universal replacement" plastic ones and they lasted about a...
  6. Cfipp

Washing Machine Hoses - Ok to Use Teflon Tape?

I am SO glad I asked and SO glad you answered! You're a jewel, Jim. I have a new washer coming on Thursday, after 28 years... I repaired the old one myself in 2008... replaced the mounting stem seal and bearing and it lasted me another ten years. I want to hook up the new one correctly...
  7. Cfipp

Washing Machine Hoses - Ok to Use Teflon Tape?

Is it ok to use teflon tape on the threads when installing new washing machine hoses? Thanks! Carol
  8. Cfipp

New kitchen faucet install: should silicone grease be used?

I was watching this YouTube video about Delta faucet repair and at 4:00, he puts two o-rings on and then lubricates them with "waterproof grease": He says, "Use waterproof grease and grease those o-rings up because it will allow the nozzle to swing freely. ... Trust me, I've been doing this...
  9. Cfipp

Thanks! I will add some to the o-rings and skip the threads.
  10. Cfipp

Do You Use Plumber's Putty or Silicone under the Escutcheon Deck Plate Rubber Gasket?

I referred to the gasket as a "rubber" gasket but I just got it out of its packaging and what a misnomer! That gasket is not rubber nor silicone - - it is just hard plastic with a very, very thin roll/gasket of a spongy neoprene-like material. Almost nothing there to prevent water from...
  11. Cfipp

What happened to my thread?

Yes, yes, yes! That was it!
  12. Cfipp

Do You Use Plumber's Putty or Silicone under the Escutcheon Deck Plate Rubber Gasket?

I am getting ready to install a new Moen kitchen faucet. It is a single-handle faucet and I will be using an escutcheon deck plate to hide the left and right holes. The deck plate comes with a rubber gasket. The instructions simply say: Place Deck Plate Gasket onto Deck Plate. Firmly snap...
  13. Cfipp

Wayyyy too much work - I put a ton of time into that post along with lots of photos - and I can't post the responses (obvi). I wonder what happened... I know no one would do it on purpose (at least I don't think, or at least not without an explanation) but it did disappear. It was at this...
  14. Cfipp

@plumber69, thanks for your reply. No, I am specifically referring to silicone grease. (Here is an explanation of the difference between plumber's grease and silicone grease for anyone interested...
  15. Cfipp

Not true. I know how to post and my thread had numerous replies. And now it is just missing. What in the world happened?!
  16. Cfipp

Oh my goodness, now I post a link to my missing thread and THAT post is gone. What is going on?! UPDATE: Well, that reappeared. But the original thread did not. So odd.
  17. Cfipp

Oh, no, not true. I know how to post. The thread had numerous replies. And today? Poof! Gone! What happened to it? Here's a link to my missing thread: https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?threads/rusted-faucet-hole-in.78900/
  18. Cfipp

I am installing a new kitchen faucet. Do you recommend application of silicone grease to any of the threads? How about the o-rings? About how often should kitchen and bath sink faucets be opened up to reapply silicone grease? Once a year? Twice a year? Is this a routine maintenance you...
  19. Cfipp

Yesterday I posted a thread about a rusty hole on the underside of the sink where the faucet is to be inserted. Today, it is gone! I know it was in this forum. Did it get removed for some reason? Would appreciate any help. Thanks! Carol
  20. Cfipp

1/2' compression angle stop on CPVC?

I'm working with CPVC and running into problems, but I'll start a new post for that. I came across this post in my research. @Mikey , what is a drop-ear el and how would it help in the case of CPVC? I searched Google Images but still not sure what it is. Yup, that's what I'm running into...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks