Search results

1. B

Softener setup help for extremely hard water

Can anyone recommend a good source to purchase from? Any reputable forum sponsors?
  2. B

This gives me peace of mind, thank you. I had to DIY repipe my entire 2400sq ft house due to slab leaks in copper pipe, which I assume was caused by hard water. Do you happen to know what your hardness level is with your current softener setup?
  3. B

Fellas, again thank you for the advice and help. So would this be an appropriate solution? 1st stage Fleck 9100sxt Twin 2^ft resin tank? 2nd stage Use my existing fleck 5800 sxt and 3^ft tank? Dumb question, but would I need a 2nd brine tank? (I do have another brine tank I'm not using)
  4. B

Reach4, Bannerman, Thank you for the replies, very helpful! Both of you mention a two tank system. I'm not opposed to investing into a different setup. I was under the impression that a 2 tank system was solely to circumvent using hard water during regen, sounds like there's more to it? What...
  5. B

Sorry, should've mentioned 3 people live in our house
  6. B

Hello, I'm hoping I can get some help from you smart folks on a water softener rehab project. We're on well water and I finally got the water tested, it's about 40gpg higher than I thought. Our water hardness is 101gpg. Our water softener has been installed for 20 years, and we've been in...