Search results

1. W

Locating leak in tub/shower

Once again, I think I have solved this problem. I removed (unscrewed) the tub drain, cleaned it, and reinstalled with new plumber's putty. After several showers, we seem to have no more drips. I also bought a cap to block and pressure-test the shower head pipe, but I won't use it unless I see...
  2. W

Thanks for the input, everyone. Some responses: This is a tub with glass shower doors. There is no water escaping to the bathroom floor. First of all, that would be hard to do with shower doors (the frame of which is recently re-caulked), but also I checked during active dripping, and the floor...
  3. W

I'm wrong again. Still dripping after a long shower. I guess I will rip off the ceiling below. Alternative ideas welcome.
  4. W

It was the caulking. It only leaked with a heavy person in the shower. It looked sealed without weight in the tub. Expensive Lesson learned about maintenance and old houses and old fixtures.
  5. W

I'd appreciate a hint where to look. My 2nd floor shower/tub leaked though to the first floor ceiling during use. About a drip per second for the last 5 minutes of a shower. I can't get it to recur. Trying to determine if it's supply or drain, I plugged the tub and ran the shower 10 minutes...