Search results

1. R

Old subpanel bonded to neutral instead of grounded?

What I gather from post #2 is that the configuration I see at barn B was correct for the time it was installed and I don't need to change things now.
  2. R

Looking at the big picture, the issue here is mitigating the issue of the feeder wires getting damaged? If the installation is correct the components would be safe to troubleshoot after a power outage caused by a feeder disruption. In my case, if feeder neutral to barn B gets disrupted, the...
  3. R

Thanks, Wayne. If barn B has an electrode system it would be obvious to see a big ground conductor entering the panel somewhere? I noticed the barn has a metal roof and a woven lightning cable running to the roofline. Whatever it is hooked to is buried. I don't think so, it comes out of the...
  4. R

I'm adding a well pump circuit to an existing electric system. There is an electric meter and main breaker panel in Barn A. There is an 100A breaker in the panel and 3 wires , (2 hots, one neutral?) are buried underground to feed a panel in Barn B. I ran a NM cable from that panel (defined...
  5. R

Well pump selection advice needed

Ok I'm finally ready to drop stuff down the hole. I'm doing 1 1/4 poly pipe and #10 wire. I see it suggested to not use a safety rope, torque arrestors etc but what about those disc standoffs? One video i watch suggested electrical tape to affix the wire to the pipe about every ten feet...
  6. R

Testing underground wire for short to ground or damage

Will look around to see if I can borrow a Megger. Doesnt appear that Sunbelt rents such a device.
  7. R

Testing underground wire for short to ground or damage

I might have damaged my UF wire when I buried it in my trench. I would like to test it somehow to see if any of the conductors are exposed to the dirt before I finish burying the rest of it and hooking up a new pump to it. I tried a simple digital multimeter ohms test with one probe on...
  8. R

If the requirements are bumped up to around 20 gpm, does that bump the motor hp requirement to 1.5? thx
  9. R

Yes I was looking at 60 gallon pressure tanks and saw that 80 gallons was the same price. The csv info is interesting. Here's another curveball: The owner is sort of interested in tying more fixtures into his new well. His house sits on a hill and feeds a small cottage and a good sized horse...
  10. R

Fantastic. I will have 2 taps before the tank. The design calls for a 44 gallon pressure tank minimum (for whatever reason) but with the caveat "consult a professional plumber" two of these cattle waterers...
  11. R

Here's a livestock watering system and I need help with to select the well pump components. Its a system designed by the county but they leave the pumping plant decisions up to the owner. There is a new well dug to 165 feet with 6 inch casing. Static water is seen 15 feet down and the well...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks