Search results

1. dryhero

Pressure Tank Plumbing Genius Think Tank

Circling back to an old post. I want to thank Valveman and Reach4 for helping me think through this. It's a bit sloppy and unconventional, but I'm happy with it. My retired well plumber was not available to help with this. I do like the CSV. It's certainly cut down on cycles. Not sure about...
  2. dryhero

Are these threads compatible?

I mean, if I use a teflon tape - pipe dope, teflon tape sandwich, will this seal? Somewhere I read that BSPT and FNPT work on smaller dia fittings (less than 3/4"??), but no so much on larger diameter. I don't recall the context however.
  3. dryhero

Are these threads compatible?

Feel stupid asking question. Will these two mate? I have a hard time sweating valves so was hoping to thread instead. - Watts 1.25" Valve FNPT - 1-1/4 sweat x male copper adapter (BSPT? MIP?) Thank you!
  4. dryhero

Terry Love- cancer update

Tragic...God speed TL!
  5. dryhero

Received cycle stop valve. Very fast shipping and appears to have high production quality. Tried not to be a time bandit and come back to this thread, but I can't find a good answer anywhere on the web. Question: What's the best way to transition from the stainless steel csv to copper...
  6. dryhero

Thank you! I'm slow study. Will order a CSV set for 59 PSI.
  7. dryhero

Alrighty then. This all makes sense when I watch the simulation, but I have trouble truly comprehending/believing in my mind. Pump: Goulds 18GS15422C 1.5HP (2 wire) Will be using both new tanks Will be replacing check valve Want to replace old tank tee...maybe 1.25" SS Boshart? QUESTIONS: 1...
  8. dryhero

One more opinion, please? - Service is 1.25", transitions to 1" after check valve - One tank has 1" copper connecting to 1.25" inlet - Other tank has 1.25" copper connecting to 1.25" inlet Question: Should everything at the bottom this, from the service to both tanks be 1.25"? Or is the 1"...
  9. dryhero

"There are also ways to use the discharge water from the Geo to feed the house, which cuts the total demand for GPM in half. But that is a story all of it’s own, and I have described it in writing in a couple of places." Where can I see more?
  10. dryhero

I do have respect for service contractors. I've sacrificed a lot of family time and 24/7/365 gets more challenging every year. We all drink from the same trough and our toughest battles are often of the mind. As Patton said, when you're going through hell, don't stop! Phone rings, sigh, put a...
  11. dryhero

Sure I'm sucking up here, but I knew there was an obsession with your work. Legendary.
  12. dryhero

Dang VM! That's exactly what was happening. I was able to get some more water between the bladder and inlet, now the tanks are working closer to design...for now. I met with my retired plumbing/well contractor Friday. He didn't have an answer for the pressure trampoline. Had a change of heart...
  13. dryhero

Dang, you guys are detailed. I'm afraid to throw any more crap on top this post. I partially closed that, here's why. I discovered the first failed bladder 3 months ago because pump was short cycling, one tank was 100% water logged. I drained system, re-charged to 38ish psi, and all seemed fine...
  14. dryhero

CYCLE STOP Great discussion. I didn't realize the csv would be such a hit on power consumption. The pump is definitely off more than on when geothermal is running. Hoped the back pressure of the csv on the pump would also throttle back power consumption a bit more. There goes my free lunch. Is...
  15. dryhero

Long time lurker and over-thinker. Mad respect for the Terry Love forum, I consider it the most competent, old-school experts with wrenches older than some plumbers. What also draws me in are the elegant solutions members come up with. Both of my 82 gal. pressure tank bladders failed (months...
  16. dryhero

Plumbing a pressure tank tee

Regarding the CSV, is there a pressure tank capacity large enough that makes it ineffective?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks