Search results

1. G

Installing a vintage toilet - need help please

Interesting... I did see that there was a newer toilet called Abingdon, but still haven't found any examples of the earlier ones like mine. Thanks for the info!
  2. G

I am going to try to unscrew the cage from the flush valve as I would ideally like to replace the rubber components, and not risk having a leak - and you're probably right that the cage will not fit on to a new flush valve properly. I'm afraid to install it as is - even if it doesn't leak...
  3. G

Thanks again - I'll try the Kroil.
  4. G

The cage is attached to the flush valve and so far I haven't been able to unscrew it, to be able to replace the gasket (and then I would also need a new tank ball). Or maybe that's dumb and it would make more sense to replace the entire flush valve since as you said the fill valve is already a...
  5. G

Ah, I had never heard this about the uric acid buildup... May need to rethink the mellowing. As for the old toilet not functioning that well, I was worrying about this but thought I'd give it a try anyway, as the current toilet needs to be replaced anyway. Unfortunately I don't have the budget...
  6. G

Thanks so much for the reply. I have definitely considered the wastefulness issue as I consider myself to be a very conservation oriented person. I plan on using one of those water displacement bags in the tank to reduce the water usage, there are only two of us in our household, we practice...
  7. G

Hi Everyone! First time here and extremely limited plumbing experience. I purchased a 1937 Abingdon toilet and want to install it in my old house. I have replaced toilets and tank components in the past, but only on contemporary toilets. On the flush valve, I think it is called the flush...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks