Search results

1. Lexd

Help with troubleshooting green water stain

Thanks, guys! The test kit arrived (it was a solution rather than test strips as I had thought) and according to the color chart, we should be above 7 with the soft water! I ordered a digital tester as well (similar to what you posted) - it will come on Monday so I will double-check the result...
  2. Lexd

Thanks for the link, John. We live in Canada so will have to find another provider, but it's good to know about the brands. I looked at the digital pH testers and got overwhelmed by the options. Ended up getting some test strips recommended for aquariums. We'll know the results tonight. We'll...
  3. Lexd

Thanks, John. Sorry to hear about your plumbing issue and thanks for sharing your experience. We’ll get a pH tester pen and see. Were your green stains similar to our photos? Where did you get the neutralization tank from? Was it a DIY installation? If the pH level is indeed low, does that mean...
  4. Lexd

Thanks for the recommendations! I'll look for a digital pH tester and check out the labs. > I don't think your seeing deposits outside of the pipes indicates a problem Why do you think so? Is it normal to have some deposit like this? I don't remember seeing this in our previous homes. Cleaning...
  5. Lexd

We’re trying to figure out a plumbing/water treatment issue and I was hoping the experts here could help point us in the right direction. We’ve talked to some local plumbers and water treatment companies but none so far have given us confidence that they are familiar with this issue. We’re...
  6. Lexd

Help programming Fleck 5800 SXT

Is there a big price difference between the two? I wonder if it was a mistake at their end or they were being dishonest… I’ll try to get it swapped. Regardless of the valve model, any advice on what kind of configuration would be appropriate for our use case? Thanks.
  7. Lexd

It is 10x54. It's wrapped up in something black so I can't see through it. You're absolutely right about the valve. I had ordered the 5800SXT but it seems they gave me the 5800LXT instead and I didn't notice the one letter difference. Is the LXT inferior to the SXT? If so I will ask for them to...
  8. Lexd

Hi everyone, We got a Fleck 5800 SXT 45,000-grain installed recently. Initially the installer mixed up the tank size (installed a 30,000-grain instead) and we just got the correct tank swapped. However, it looks like they didn't reprogram the controller for the larger tank size (the display...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks