Search results

1. Dave_T

Suggestions on lowering well pump

Borg ants! For us it's usually the standard fire ant but the crazy ant gets in there too. Pretty much all ants are ohmic except for the ones made of adamantium. (Adam Ant?!)
  2. Dave_T

I thought methane had a distinct odor? I've had to clean ohmic ants out of a neighbor's pressure switch contacts. Is it ozone that attracts?
  3. Dave_T

If there is methane, I can't smell it. It smells slightly of damp cave. FYI, my Franklin control box(es) used to be mounted on the well head with the breeze going up the nipple into the box. 2-3 caps, a reset button and something else rotted out. After I moved the control box off of the...
  4. Dave_T

Thanks Valveman! I'll just recalibrate the Pumpsaver and record amperage. No, I don't have an inducer. Yes, 100' sounds like a good idea. Even during historically bad times I should still be in 50' of water, should.... The other odd thing is that most of the time there is a slight breeze...
  5. Dave_T

Thanks! Was waiting for the Texan to reply! So keep the old motor/pump and splice in new wire and call it a day? It's set at 740' now, 900' well depth. How low would you go?
  6. Dave_T

Can't deadhead test it, well is dry. The test from a couple months ago at 5.1gpm matches perfectly to one done eight years ago. PVC. From the well it gets chlorine injected, through a filter and into a 2,500 gallon tank. I don't need significant pressure or flow.
  7. Dave_T

I can't find the part number for the pump. But at 740' and sitting in minimal water it pumps up 5.1gpm! :)
  8. Dave_T

Currently in severe drought conditions, well went dry last month. Pumpsaver intervention and I put the clamp on to verify low amperage. Many neighbors are going dry too. Well depth 900', Franklin 2hp 230v 1ph 2243019204S is currently set at 740'. Looking at historical records of local state...
  9. Dave_T

Please suggest softener, high sulfate(not sulfur) and TDS

Wow. Thank you for all of the information dittohead!
  10. Dave_T

Please suggest softener, high sulfate(not sulfur) and TDS

I've been lurking for years and appreciate the great information on this forum! The well pump is ~900' in an aquifer that is well known to have high TDS and sulfate. Usage is ~120gallons a day but can vary. The hardware configuration is probably up for a lot of criticism but due to many...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks