Search results

1. DoctorHawaii

Noisy ticking in flue pipe after installing new gas water heater

Sorry guys for leaving this thread hanging. Since it wasn't an emergency, it took a back seat to, well, emergencies elsewhere. So, in the end, it turns out the noise--which is still happening, btw--is coming from the DuraVent type B vent pipe in the walls. The water heater's in the basement...
  2. DoctorHawaii

I don't know the anatomy of the flue, so that helps a lot--and seems like the right answer to where it's coming from. Of course...that also means I'm not likely to fix it! I've already got a call in to B W and I'll post what they have to say. Cheers and thanks.
  3. DoctorHawaii

Haha...what I mean is the tinks and ticks and clinks and clicks get louder as they move up the vent pipe...the way trumpets and tubas and the three-noozled bloozer and the one-nozzled noozer get noisier and louder as the note travels through them. My flue duct could work in a Dr. Seuss book.
  4. DoctorHawaii

Hey there. Just had a new BradWhite propane water heater installed in the same spot (basement) as the 20-yr old one. Since day 1, whenever the burner kicks on there's a surprisingly annoying ticking sound inside the water heater. I can pinpoint that it comes from the unit itself, since I can...