Search results

1. Jfklein

How to Install a Toilet Trip Lever Properly

That might be what I'll end up doing. The thing is I want to restore the toilet as close as possible to it's original design. So I plan to spend a bit more time hunting around on the internet for a better quality replica handle.
  2. Jfklein

I don't have the original unfortunately. The handle that was on it was a generic plastic one that eventually broke. Which part was thicker? I have a document from The Chicago Faucet Shoppe that states the original handle for the New Compton toilet had a brass arm (Part No. 73392-02). I...
  3. Jfklein

Ok I see. I guess I could use a file to shave the peg. The lever is really crap quality. In addition to the angle being off the lever moves a bit stiffly and makes a squeaking sound from rubbing against the plastic body, and there's a ton of play in the shaft that goes through the body. I...
  4. Jfklein

Yup that looks like it. Here's a photo: The thing is I think the stops, where the chrome handle and the body make contact, are underneath the handle. There is a metal shaft attached to the handle that goes through the center of the assembly. But on the other end the plastic "arm" that...
  5. Jfklein

Thanks, but I would like to use OEM parts or replicas of the OEM parts. I am bit-by-bit restoring the toilet to it's original look and design. The trip lever in my photo is from some unknown manufacturer but is supposed to be a replica of the OEM part. I bought it from Noel's Plumbing supply in...
  6. Jfklein

Ok, so if it was engineered correctly it would sit horizontal? The square peg fits pretty tight in the hole actually. How would I adjust the stops? I would have to remove the metal handle from the plastic part it's mounted on, not sure it will be possible. When I got it I thought it looked...
  7. Jfklein

I have an American Standard “New Compton” toilet. I replaced the trip lever with what is supposed to be an aftermarket trip lever made to the same specifications as the original (Part No. 70437-02). However, the lever sits at a slightly upward angle. See photo attached. Is this how the lever is...
  8. Jfklein

Model Number for Old Moen Chateau Tub & Shower Assembly?

What's your best guess at the model number for the Valve / Shower / Tub Spout set? Would it be one of the 27xx series?
  9. Jfklein

Thanks, but do you know which model number had the square shaped escutcheon plate, like mine?
  10. Jfklein

I have an old Moen Chateau Tub & Shower assembly in my home that was installed in 1979. Here is a photo: Can anyone identify the original (i.e. not a modern replacement) model number for this assembly?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks