Search results

1. Mswlogo

Can Clack WS1 show gpm during backwash?

When my Clack WS1 Valve is in Normal Filter mode I can step through various displays (gallons left on regen, gpm etc.). Can I display gpm during backwash? I tend to not want to mess with the valve while in the regen cycle as I don’t want to mess it up. Be kind of nice to check what it...
  2. Mswlogo

How do you prep a new Softener Brine tank?

Just installed 1.5 cu Clack WS1 water softener and seems to be working good. But I have not put salt in yet (I’ll be using Potasium). And have a few questions. During a regen cycle does it suck the brine dry? I know I can force it through cycles to get it to the fill stage and let it fill it...
  3. Mswlogo

Water softener (& size) vs Calcite to solve Manganese

I have a Filox filter which is getting rid of all the Iron but barely a dent in the Manganese ~0.3 mg/L My ph is around 7.0 I think I have 2 options. Option #1) Add a Calcite filter that might bring pH up to 7.5 (at best) with the hope that the Filox will take out the Manganese. I know that...
  4. Mswlogo

Which is better for a heat trap a loop or ball float

I have an electric hot water tank in the cellar. Most pipes are insulated. Where ever I could reach :). Heat is making it to the far side of the house and 2nd floor. There are no leaks. Hard to believe it can travel that far but it is. Shutoff under sink it HOT. With everything static...
  5. Mswlogo

Venting Question Bath Sink

We just had a new house built. It has a Septic with a pump up to a leech field. (Maybe 10ft rise). It is supposedly back vented (not sure what that means) but if the vent on the house was high enough we didn’t need a crazy high vent at the end of the leech field. And it was high enough. I think...
  6. Mswlogo

Program WS1 for Iron filter only

My Valve was preprogrammed at the factory. I wanted to check / set the the number of days between regen. Well I was in the wrong section and I think I messed up the settings there. I think I know where to set days now. But want to put thinks back else where. It was displaying 10 min...
  7. Mswlogo

Going from 2” to 3” for venting

Going from 2” to 3” for vent. Is this a common thing? I always thought you ran the full diameter from sewer (say 3” or 4”) all the way to the exiting vent and then smaller appliances would tap into larger vents progressively. And if you had a say a 2” branch that could not connect you’d run...
  8. Mswlogo

Why is there a relationship between Radon limit in water that depends on air?

I had my water tested by the well company when our well was installed. They reported 2023 for radon and they never flagged it as a concern. Reading up on it, it varies by state what’s an acceptable level and it’s well below limit. Unless you have radon in the air above 4. And I do (in the...
  9. Mswlogo

Clack backwash leaking

My house is in the process of being built so once a week I run some water through the Iron filter and backwash it. But this little air inlet thingy already started leaking. A solid squirt gun. I turned the inlet off and on a bunch of times and it slowed to a drip. I assume dirt got in there. It...
  10. Mswlogo

Building new home in NH

First world problems, I know. We are struggling picking bathroom fixtures. 3 baths. 1 large bathroom off master and one small one near kitchen on main floor. Then one shared one on 2nd floor. Our wants. One of those showers that are “open”. No curtain, no glass. They are just big (deep)...
  11. Mswlogo

Question on Iron behavior

Does this make sense? My raw well water is crystal clear. It has 7.7 ppm Iron (but I think that varies a lot with well use) If we let the well sit (it's a vacation home) I will measure like 0.3 PPM if we take showers and do a wash it might hit 5 PPM. If I add a 1 Micron Sediment filter it...
  12. Mswlogo

Choosing Iron Filter

New to forum and it looks like I’ve come to the right place. Back ground. I’m on a lake. Had a system that was installed before we bought in 2003. Had a pre iron filter that backwashed. And a softener (installed around year 2000). Water was great. But brine was killing trees near house. And I...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks