Search results

1. Disney1984

Home Hydronic System - How do I Flush it Out?

Hi everyone. I'm not a professional plumber, but I do a lot of my own work. I have a roughly 22-year-old Apollo home hydronic system. There are two lines that come off the side of my water heater that supply/return water to a radiator in my attic. I'm planning to turn on my heater in November...
  2. Disney1984

Too Much Pressure in Water Heater?

I changed out the expansion tank about 3 weeks ago and everything is working perfectly now. The T & P valve is no longer releasing water and the internal water heater pressure doesn't go much higher than the incoming water pressure. The old expansion tank was completely full of water. I'm not a...
  3. Disney1984

I appreciate all of the advice! I was looking at the flexible tube going to the expansion tank and I was wondering how it was sealing, since I couldn't see any Teflon tape on the existing threads. The rubber washer makes complete sense and now I know how its sealing. Thank you! I plan to set the...
  4. Disney1984

I have a smaller 2-gallon tank and I'm thinking of upgrading it to a 4-gallon tank. I've been researching how to replace it myself. I have a gas water heater. This is the process I'm thinking of using to replace the expansion tank. Does it sound right to you? 1) Turn off the water heater and...
  5. Disney1984

I've attached a photo of my expansion tank and the piping at the top of my water heater. I'm feeling confident about my expansion tank having failed. The tank is really heavy like its full of water. I depressed the Shrader valve and nothing came out. Not water or air. Yes, the water pressure at...
  6. Disney1984

I appreciate your response Terry. Do you still think I may still need a PRV after my recent posts? Do you think I need a PRV in addition to the tp valve?
  7. Disney1984

Thank you Reach4. My current expansion tank measures 7 inches wide. Should I replace it with the same size expansion tank or go larger? My tp valve is leaking at 140 psi and is rated at 150 psi. It's not really blowing. It's more of a steady light medium flow of water that leaks out for 3-4...
  8. Disney1984

I think this is a one-way check valve that's in-line on the water supply to the water heater. The plumber that installed my current water heater added it. It wasn't there when I took possession of the house. I would expect to see an arrow pointing one direction, but I don't see any. I don't have...
  9. Disney1984

First, I would like to say that I really appreciate everyone's comments. I'm not a plumber, but I fix a lot of things around my home and I'm technically inclined. I've avoided working on my water heater in the past because of potential safety issues, but I can't seem to get answers on what the...
  10. Disney1984

I have a 50 Gallon State water heater attached to hydronic heating system in my home attic. I had the water heater professionally installed by a plumber about 5 years ago. The unit had a problem with the 150 PSI tp valve blowing immediately after the installation. The plumber was frustrated and...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks