Search results

1. BobinTN

New kitchen sink in island

Not a big fan of using AAV's
  2. BobinTN

New kitchen sink in island

I used this same photo to do a similar vent in a friend's kitchen remodel -- there was no way to vent in and up into a wall -- it went down to a basement and I was able to vent through the exterior wall and run the vent stack on the exterior wall up two stories to vent to air.
  3. BobinTN

Condensate - Wall Drain or Floor Drain?

Jeff, Thanks for the prompt reply. I will be installing radiant in-floor heating using Warmboard Comfort System with a Lochinvar Condensing Boiler, and in Addition, there will be both a Condensing Tankless Water Heater (for the household domestic needs), and a Forced Air Gas Condensating 90...
  4. BobinTN

Condensate - Wall Drain or Floor Drain?

Happy Saturday! So in a new construction would it be better to have the condensate drain into a standpipe type trapped pipe (like next to the furnace on the wall) or to a floor drain in the utility room? Seems less of a mess if the condensate tube (or piping) is draining into a standpipe...
  5. BobinTN

Tub spout fell off. Please help me

Jenn, I am afraid you are just going to have to bite the bullet and find a plumber or remodeling contractor to come in and take a look and give you an estimate on making the repair! TO be honest, I am 74 years old and have seen it all in my over 60 years of doing work for people -- I have no...
  6. BobinTN

Venting question - bungalow on slab with septic system

I agree -- Hard to tell what is going on there.... Regardless "Speedball" is building in Ontario and does seem to need some expert advice - not sure if the project has started already but IMHO he needs to find a good contractor?
  7. BobinTN

Venting question - bungalow on slab with septic system

Septic I might like to orient the septic tank 90 deg to the way its shown in the diagram - in that case I would need to make a 90 deg bend in the septic line right before it goes into the tank - any issue with that? What kind of septic tank are you installing? Most concrete tanks have inlet...
  8. BobinTN

Can I vent through this?

Question, what is this "master flow roof jack" currently being used for? Is it a roof vent -- or was it there for the TANK-TYPE Water Heater? If it currently serves no other appliance, I would be one to call the Tank Less supplier or manufacturer' tech rep and ask them?
  9. BobinTN

Three Stories, Three Baths, Schematic Needed for DWV

I actually have nearly everything ready to hand over to the builder which I believe will make his job so much easier? I have the floor plans to where he can pretty much copy and get them into a CAD format. I have written up EVERY specification for EVERY stage of the construction (A total of 60...
  10. BobinTN

New home construction - failed plumbing rough inspection

Make sure you DO NOT PAY for that job!
  11. BobinTN

Thanks again to all of you for all the great replies! Yes, I just wanted to get a visual for my own perspective. I realize structural members will definitely be the limiting factor on the final layout and installation. And I realize that I may have over did it on the dry venting? But as my...
  12. BobinTN

OK -- Again, thank you all for your replies to my thread post! I appreciate the great help! I drew up a schematic of the three levels of the proposed new house I am planning. Here is the sketch. Generally, what I have is: three bathrooms (one in the Walk-Out Basement, a master bath on the...
  13. BobinTN

Thank you both for the drawings -- The one above appears to "wet vent" for the tubs and showers? I will have to look and see what the wet vent code allowance is for the state of TN. I like Terry's drawing, as it shows a vent for both of the bathtubs and a type of "manifold" set-up for the...
  14. BobinTN

Thank you -- I was hoping to see a drawing of same kind --- I have scoured the internet and do not see a more recent schematic of a stacked (3-story) bathroom layout that is what I am trying to visualize. I guess I will try and draw on up myself and post it in here to see if anyone has comments...
  15. BobinTN

Hello, New here and I have had a lot of building experience in my 74 years. I do have a question though -- A new house is being planned and there will be three baths basically stacked from the basement level to the third floor. So there will be three bathrooms total. The basement has a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks