Search results

1. Anon5656

Water heater T&P relief valve - after testing - water doesn't stop

Luckily I was able to remove the T&P valve without adjusting the thermal expansion tank.
  2. Anon5656

Thank you, Terry, Reach4, Jeff, Cliffy, for your inputs. I was able to successfully change the T&P valve! :-) I’m so happy that the job is done, given it is so hard to find an available plumber. I ended up cutting the CPVC drain pipe using a pipe cutter tool, and used sharkbite to connect...
  3. Anon5656

Hi, I’m unable to turn the pvc drain pipe (white pipe) so that I can detach the drain connection. Is it supposed to turn, so that I can detach and reattach it in place? I wonder if it has been sealed in place. Any suggestions on how to approach it? There is a suggestion to cut the pvc valve and...
  4. Anon5656

Hi Terry, thank you so much for your response. Couple of follow-up questions, and would love to get your help. 1. Do you think the jump in water pressure in my home (while out on vacation), is related to a failed T&P relieve valve in the water heater? 2. I was of the impression that I'm...
  5. Anon5656

Hi, I've a Bradford white gas water heater in my house. The heater is about 9 years old. I've not done any maintenance on the heater till now. I live in Washington state. Sequence of events 1. Before leaving for a short vacation, I turned the water heater to pilot mode. 2. Within a day since...
  6. Anon5656

Water pressure jumped to 85psi - while out of country

On further investigation, it looks like leaving the water heater ON while away, somehow is correlated to high pressure. As soon as I turned water heater to Pilot/Vacation mode, the pressure is back to normal. Any thoughts on how water heater is related? Maybe a failed pressure relief valve ( I...
  7. Anon5656

Should I turn the water heater to pilot mode (ie away mode), while I’m out on vacation? Will that help in maintaining the water pressure? Yes it is a tank water heater without thermal expansion tank
  8. Anon5656

Hi, we are out of country and our smart water shut-off system is detecting a high-pressure of >80psi in the pipes. It's showing about >80 psi which is higher than the typical 50 to 60 psi seen in my house. My house is in Seattle area. To mitigate the issue, I shutoff the water to inside the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks