Search results

1. Z

Utility Sink Draining into Washer P-Trap/Drain

I can extend the washer drain pipe up, correct? (It does need to go higher- we are moving the drywall bracing studs up (none of the 2x4 are structural- just a fake wall.)
  2. Z

The one shown in this picture: https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?threads/another-laundry-sink-question.87145/
  3. Z

This is the "wet wall" in our laundry room. It's 5' wide, and we'd like to add a utility sink on the right side. I've seen on here that we can attach the laundry sink drain right to the washer drain, in red (extending if needed to get the 30" minimum distance between the top of the washer drain...
  4. Z

Moving wall drain pipe over a few inches?

If going into the wall, cutting the horizontal drain pipe back 3”, putting a new 90 fitting on to bring it back out of the wall is what I do here. :)
  5. Z

Thanks- my waste line is horizontal, meeting up at the toilet next to the vanity, rather than being vertical right behind the vanity.
  6. Z

We are installing a new vanity and sink. The sink drain is about 3” off of the wall drain. The vanity has full drawers, which we intent on cutting and remaking to fit, and it would give us the most drawer space (and be easiest to install the ptrap) if the drains were lined up. Picture shows...
  7. Z

Putting closet flange on riser

After removing the toilet, my husband decided he needed to sit…
  8. Z

How to I tell if it’s on the flange? It’s pivoting/rocking at that point. However, is what your saying that it’s not even likely with a standard (cadet 3) toilet and a flush at the bottom flange?
  9. Z

Would it work to “waste” a wax ring seeing if it is in fact rocking on the flange? Install it, then pull it off to check coverage?
  10. Z

It does now- it’s flat and screwed down with no gap. :( The toilet still appears to rock right on the flange.
  11. Z

It won’t go any closer to the floor. It’s now already flush! The height of the plastic is apparently too much? The switch would be to get the thinner metal?
  12. Z

Can I use this? https://www.lowes.com/pd/Oatey-PVC-Flange/50315057
  13. Z

if I’m not doing the pushtite, can I use an outside fit that fits over it, and avoid narrowing the inlet? The pushtite was attractive since it wasn’t permanent, but if we are gluing…our big problems came from clogging toilet.
  14. Z

Argh. The flange is too high. I really think the toilet on a dry fit is rocking on the flange. Should I pull out the pushtite and do a glue on/flatter one? Should it be an inside fit in that case? What other options?
  15. Z

Is the wax ring with horn that the toilet came with fine?
  16. Z

Mostly because we read on here that it was better for complete novices. :D Also the regular flange we bought (in first post) wouldn’t even think about fitting inside even with a little sanding…. I was hemming and hawing so posted above to ask, then we just went for it since it’s replaceable if...
  17. Z

Did it- didn’t take too much so figured it was ok? Now- with this push tite. Wax with horn or wax without?
  18. Z

Perfect. Pushing it all down is ok, right?
  19. Z

Also, any tricks to getting that gasket to stay on the bottom? It keeps sliding up.
  20. Z

Great- is it ok even though it’s a 3”? And can I push it down that 1/4” or so without worry?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks