Search results

1. Mispeld

What would cause pump and pipe to lift out of ground?

Very old shallow well – I am guessing 20’ and probably installed in the 1980’s. It has a 1 ¼ steel galvanized pipe going into the ground with a 1/2hp shallow pump. This well goes dry during droughts so it doesn’t get used a whole lot but we will use it to water gardens, wash hands or whatever...
  2. Mispeld

Low GPM but good pressure

Sorry for the long description as I am trying to be thorough. I posted once or twice before and I gave bad information regarding the depth and would like to clarify to see if I can figure out why my GPM is so low. We have been using our well on the weekends to provide water to our camper. We...
  3. Mispeld

Pump Pulsates trips breaker

I have a 230' well on my property and about two weeks ago I hooked it up to our camper. I know this isn't typical but it is what it is... Vertical Goulds 1HP jet pump with a pressure control valve on the side. I have a 30' 5/8 black PVC irrigation style hose going to a 19 gallon pressure tank...
  4. Mispeld

Low Volume

What would cause a 240' deep well that has not been used in over 6 years produce less that 1GPM while still providing pressure and holding prime?