Search results

1. Showme

How are yard hydrants pressurized on the input side of a pressure tank?

I've installed a freeze proof hydrant next to my well casing. Right now I'm running off solar until we get our house built next year, but something crossed my mind the other day, and that is, how will the hydrant be pressurized if I have a check valve on the incoming side of the pressure tank...
  2. Showme

Finally!! It's in and running. :)

Two days ago in 104* heat, I got my Grundfoss SQflex 6 pump in the well (by myself, with a rig set up that looks like the old Mouse Trap board game). My wife said it was too hot to get out, and there was nobody else available, so I hooked the T-handle and 1" poly pipe onto my Polaris Ranger, set...
  3. Showme

Clearance minimum between flow sleeve and pump?

Ready to put the new pump in the new well, and I've got one more question before I stick it in the ground. My pump is a Grundfoss SQFlex 6. With a 2.9" diameter, I've got what looks like about 1/8" clearance around the pump body inside a 3" thin wall pvc pipe. Specs say it has a 3 1/16" ID...
  4. Showme

Flushed out the well pipe yesterday. Ready to finally install the pump.

My wife and I finally got the well blown out yesterday. Two days ago, I tried it with my pancake compressor, which was a joke. I was going to hook up my Speedaire 30gal compressor, then realized the dryer plug the previous owner put on it wouldn't match the 50a 240v plug that was needed for my...
  5. Showme

Can I use blue poly well pipe underground?

I'm using 1" blue poly submersible well pipe for our well pump, and the place i ordered it from has a pretty good deal on the size roll I need (500'). Is pipe that's considered submersible compatible with burying?
  6. Showme

What's the best way to attach safety line hooks to pump and cap/casing?

Another question about the pump install in our new well- when I hook up the poly line between the pump and the head, I'm not seeing much on how to attach them. I've got a Campbell cap that has a bolt inside the cable entry port that I'm wondering about. Is that there to attach a line hook onto...
  7. Showme

New well static water level 6" above ground level in casing

We're building a new house here in southeast Missouri that's located on a pine ridge that's the end of a cascading slope from a nearby mountain. We knew when we bought the property (43 acres) that there were a lot of seeps and spots where surface puddles seemed to last longer than other spots...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks