Search results

1. CBme

New Toto Drake 1.28 is only releasing .93 gallons. How to adjust the flush with tank ST776EA#01?

Thanks for the suggestion. They didn't call me back but after doing more testing and tweaking I realized that I was likely making a mistake in the measurement as I was measuring how much left the tank. But I wasn't counting how much the fill valve put into the the bowl. When I did that, it...
  2. CBme

New Toto Drake 1.28 is only releasing .93 gallons. How to adjust the flush with tank ST776EA#01?

I called Toto (as I don't see any other option other than the chat line which is only open for 3 hours a day..wtf?) and haven't gotten a call back. However I found this old thread that talked about a similar issue and led me to the adjustment area...
  3. CBme

Really disappointed at the moment in my first Drake vs my older American Standard Vortex (which uses the Drake style flush but very different tank). First issue, which likely can't fix, is that it seems to have less water in the bowl so the more of the paper isn't getting saturated before...
  4. CBme

What product to replace under sink, dual stop compression fit on Pex A?

So the "compression stop on pex" confusion/question I had was answered when I took these off. They are compression but had a long metal insert so they were something that was made to handle pex (or perhaps CPVC). They are not just the standard compression stops I see everywhere for use with...
  5. CBme

I went to local plumbing shops and no one had Brasscraft KT fips straight connection, only right angle. They didn't have any dahl or other quality brand/model either. One shop said they do carry the missing brasscraft part I was looking for but their overall stock of parts has been and is...
  6. CBme

No name brands might be just fine but do cause some concern due to the unknowns, especially as water is fear #1-5 in our house after all the issues we and my association neighbors have had. I don't see that thrifco part available to buy anywhere and for both parts, the companies that are selling...
  7. CBme

brand recommendation for angle stops or chase the threads?

For future reference, the Brasscraft you want to find are the KT, not the G2 but that isn't available in big box store. Even the G2 shouldn't have had an issue, but it is their lower quality model. I went with Dahl which is another brand that most plumbers seem to associate with the best...
  8. CBme

Thanks! That is what I'm looking at currently as I prefer to have a replaceable stop without needing to cut the pipe back further should it need to be replaced. I just had blinders on what I was looking for so I didn't even realize FIP/MIP connected stops existed. I see that there are some...
  9. CBme

I'm not keen on using sharkbite style products in permanent locations like this on the second floor where even a relatively minor leak would result in a huge repair effort, but I like the idea of considering an adapter to attach to the pex instead of just looking for dual valve (and single) that...
  10. CBme

At my wits end - smelly water

If your cold water smells the same amount, including at the outside spigots, it is not your hot water tank.
  11. CBme

Main sewer line with more than 1/4 pitch...

To your original question,708.1 specifies it means 1/4" minimum (though there is apparently some possible areas that allow for 1/8"). It doesn't list a maximum. 708.1 General Horizontal drainage piping shall be run in practical alignment and a uniform slope of not less than 1/4 inch per foot...
  12. CBme

Water alarms went off last night letting me know that the only stops I hadn't replaced had started failing. I've already replaced all the crappy multi-turn angle stops in our ~22 year old place with 1/4 turn Dahl compression fit stops but they were all on copper stub-outs. I hesitated on...
  13. CBme

Just realized I seem to have leak between the water meter and the house. Under asphalt...

Just an update in case anyone was curious or comes across this post in the future with a similar sounding issue. My initial guess was fortunately correct. There was a flexible pipe that connected to the copper after it exists the house (the best possible location for a leak to have happened...
  14. CBme

Just realized I seem to have leak between the water meter and the house. Under asphalt...

Thanks everyone for the replies! Searching for how to handle this is exceptionally difficult as the thousands of plumber listings are all about hot water heaters and internal plumbing. And I don't want to just start calling random plumbers who will claim they can figure it out, I want...
  15. CBme

Noticed my last water bill seemed high and so I went back and noticed my usage yoy is 50-100% more than previous years for up to the last 7 months. Wonderful.. Shut off the house and the water meter kept going. Shut off the water before the meter and it stops. Change is that about 45' of the...
  16. CBme

Fix toilet flange in concrete or leave it?

Thanks everyone. I'll leave it, add screws and/or concrete epoxy to help hold it down (pipe is in concrete is what is what was holding it currently), and use extenders.
  17. CBme

Yes, there isn't any noticeable rust or other degradation on the metal flange so it doesn't need to be replaced for that. It would only be to go through the effort to make it how it should have been done in the first place. Doesn't seem to be a trivial amount of work as it is embedded in the...
  18. CBme

Getting ready to do a levelling pour on bathroom floor but need to decide what to do with the flange first. The floor shouldn't be raised up here by the pour, as it the high spot, but if I should fix the flange I want to do it prior to leveling. As you can see in the images they put it flush...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks