Search results

1. JAYROD_co

Venting advice

Yeah that should work. Getting a look at it will help for sure. I'm going to try and find a way to get it to the peak. I'm sure he's right. Those snow sheets coming off the roofs around here do hurt when they hit you. I'm sure he will probably look a little closer when we move to the inside...
  2. JAYROD_co

Venting advice

I was thinking after also? But he said they need to be where my 90 was since I told him that was my drain location where the stand pipe was coming up. I told him I was going to make 12x12 boxes for them and add trap later. But whatever they are already in now just deeper than I wanted. My sewer...
  3. JAYROD_co

Venting advice

Passed rough in inspection today. Got there at 7:30 he showed up at 1:30. That was brutal. Talked to him about the venting situation. Where I'm at he did not recommend putting the vent out the side or close to edge of roof. Said that he has seen when snow and ice sheets let go it just simply...
  4. JAYROD_co

Venting advice

Yeah I have 12 inches. I just don't see how to do it straight up with the loft covering every plumbing fixture wall besides island kitchen sink . Haven't decided on ceiling for loft vaulted or not . Loft will be 12 feet to eave still so I kinda just want to leave it vaulted. Gonna be a pain in...
  5. JAYROD_co

Venting advice

Yeah the main question was definitely side tracked lol. You can combine your vents together. Make sure they slope upward toward main vent where you want to exit. Well I'm ipc in colorado but I'm sure this is common practice.At least that's what has been recommended for my build.Definitely don't...
  6. JAYROD_co

Venting advice

Was reading a few articles about venting out the wall instead of roof. Most were suggesting that you can do it but it still needs to extend beyond the roof. I will find out any colorado codes on Wed and share his thoughts.
  7. JAYROD_co

Rough in help!

I appreciate that. My wife said by the time we get through this one if we do another it will be easy. But then she quickly said we won't be doing another one.
  8. JAYROD_co

Venting advice

Someone else will chime in but I believe that is done all the time. I plan on combining mine all together to a 3 inch. Just not sure yet if I want to go outside in master bath or in laundry area. Although it may be easier and less pipe to make 2 groups . I haven't really measured it all out yet.
  9. JAYROD_co

Venting advice

My wife suggested we go through the side also with the loft. I believe you can go out the side as long as you are still 10 feet away from a door or window that opens. I'm not quite there yet but will be following this post because we will try to avoid the roof also. The vents would be right at...
  10. JAYROD_co

Rough in help!

Well finally got the rough in done. Missed inspection again because of air test showing 3 leaks! I fixed the leaks put it back on 5psi and it held for 15 minutes and didn't budge. Will have to wait until next wensday for a inspection. I fixed the leaks by using a tip from this forum .(every leak...
  11. JAYROD_co

Conduit sleeve size for PEX pipe?

I'm not sure about exact size but I just went through this at the plumbing store last week. He recommended for my 1 inch water line coming into the house 2 inch PVC. I had some extra three though so used that for the sleeve and 90 up instead. The 1 inch went through the 1/4 90 elbow with not...
  12. JAYROD_co

Rough in help!

Here's some more pics for guidance I guess. I am venting all fixtures I'm still not positive out there these vents are tricky! You read one thing and then next time you read a different thing from someone else. In the third picture where I'm about to hook up shower to main drain I'm out of 4 to...
  13. JAYROD_co

Rough in help!

Yeah thanks I hear you it's the s**ts. The weather is terrible it's been tough. Got a little more done today hoping I don't have to change to much lol. We are looking forward to the inside to get out of the wind been brutal! The view isn't to bad. Your toilets will flush haha.
  14. JAYROD_co

Rough in help!

10 10 4 John I was hoping that was okay thanks
  15. JAYROD_co

Rough in help!

I'm still not confident I have this right. Wish I could get more done but weather is not cooperating. So after talking with some people I have master bath toilet over the main sewer because the layout worked that way where the main ditch was dug . But I'm reading that a vent has to be upstream...
  16. JAYROD_co

Rough in help!

Well this is what I got so far. I had to add couplings in a few spots because I forgot to level some stub outs. If anybody wants to chime incase there is something wrong that would be great. Will get kitchen and small bath tomorrow stopped at washer drain where I will vent straight up from...
  17. JAYROD_co

Rough in help!

Dmt thanks that was very helpful to look at. My small bath with just the shower is set up just like yours pretty much. I am running individual dry vents or aav to all fixtures . The small bathroom I have is set up just like yours without tub. I'm probably switching the sink and wc to match...
  18. JAYROD_co

Rough in help!

I will have pics today. About to head out there. Still have about a week until inspection since the weather now. ( 1 day a week). And nevermind no wall over that line. But I can do that just off drain lines up into wall which is only 2 ft at most from that main drain line.
  19. JAYROD_co

Rough in help!

So venting off the main drain line in the small bathroom ? I'm confident I can connect that all to a main vent up above like that.
  20. JAYROD_co

Rough in help!

Thanks for the reply John. So in the small bathroom to the east I don't need to vent every fixture? Or were you speaking of the master bath. I was going to plumb in the east water closet like one of these 2 images.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks