Search results

1. MikeekiM

Grout Lines - Color Inconsistencies

Ugh... So we finally have our two bathroom remodels complete... For the most part, we are fairly happy with the outcome... There are a few little things that don't really matter much... Nothing is perfect, right? The one thing that is bothering me is the tile grout color inconsistencies...
  2. MikeekiM

BOOM a Bang On!

I found this... Looks like it is what some of your said it is... An alternative to a plunger...
  3. MikeekiM

35SF Guest & Master Bathroom Remodeling Project

OK!!!!!! I am finally ready to give you all an update on my second bathroom (aka "The Master Bathroom)... We are about 98% done... All that's left is to put up things like towel bars, toilet paper holder, etc... Everything else is pretty much complete... Here are some before and after...
  4. MikeekiM

Anyone have experience and an opinion about Diamon Fusion glass treatment?

I am ordering a frameless shower door for my bathroom remodel and there were two choices regarding glass... 1) Clear glass or Starphire glass 2) Diamon Fusion glass treatment (yes or no) In the end, I decided to go with Starphire and went with the glass treatment... But I wonder if there are...
  5. MikeekiM

Panasonic Ventilation Fan Troubleshooting

Anyone know much about Panasonic Ventilation/Exhaust Fans? My CFM adjusting switch is not working... I bought and had my contractor install a Panasonic FV-0511VQC1 fan which has a built in humidistat and motion sensor, as well as an adjustable CFM selector. The CFM selector does not work. It's...
  6. MikeekiM

Rheem vs AO Smith Hybrid Heat Pump Water Heater HPWH

I was going to start a thread on this myself, but seems this is the appropriate thread to have this discussion... My current water heater is a 50-Gallon GE 9-year natural gas water heater... Installed in 2003, it is now nearly 20 years old... Doesn't seem to be having any problems at all, but...
  7. MikeekiM

Oh...and actually, I was initially extremely disappointed with our new bathroom remodel... I found it was a beautiful bathroom that was completely unusable... We had absolutely no counter space because of the smaller vanity that we were forced to go with because of the required spacing between...
  8. MikeekiM

Thanks! Yes, that makes sense... For us, we decided to center the bar and the valve since it was our main shower head, but I completely see the rationale for the layout you are describing... The bathtub is from Americh... It's their Americh Kent 6030 LH ADA soaking tub. The ADA model is an...
  9. MikeekiM

Auto Flush for toilets

OK... Yet another thread bump... but I think this is important for those of you buying Toto Washlets with Auto Flush... Most people think that the only difference between the Toto S500e and the S550e is the auto opening lid, and the night light... And that is largely accurate and true...
  10. MikeekiM

New Drake Toilet 2021 upgrades are here!

It's actually a smart plug... Allows me to monitor energy usage, and I can put it on an on/off schedule if need-be... It's also great for on-demand remote power toggling... If I know I am going to be out all day, I can shut it down so the seat warmer isn't burning electricity heating the seat...
  11. MikeekiM

2022 is the year that I finally remodel both of my bathrooms (after living here for 30 years without a single bathroom improvement). This is the before and after photos of my guest bathroom... Both bathrooms are back-to-back mirror images of each other. and at 35 square feet, it felt a little...
  12. MikeekiM

New Drake Toilet 2021 upgrades are here!

I bought two (2) of these new 2021 Drake toilets bundled with the s550e T40 Washlet+ bidet seat and auto flush accessory... Couldn't be happier... Great bundle... Great product... BEFORE AFTER
  13. MikeekiM

Shopping for a Polished Chrome Ceiling Shower Arm

Thanks Terry! I was mostly concerned whether the more narrow opening on the less expensive pipe would make any difference at all... It seems to get great reviews on Amazon though... Also, I am remodeling both of my bathrooms and am having a hard time figuring out if "price" = "quality"...
  14. MikeekiM

Shopping for a Polished Chrome Ceiling Shower Arm

I need an 8-inch chrome finished shower pipe to install my rain shower head from the ceiling... Initially, I purchased one from the same plumbing supply house that I got the rain head from, and cost me $60.00. Kind of surprised me that an 8-inch length of pipe could cost so much... But yes...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks