Search results

1. Patrick75

Laundry Washer/Sink Code Question

Oh cool, well that makes things easier. Out of curiosity, why do I find so many pictures of rough-ins with separate vents (like my picture)? Is that a UPC requirement? Any idea what the justification is for requiring the upsizing to 3"? It seems unlikely to me that with a high-efficiency...
  2. Patrick75

Yea, I can do that. I was hoping to use 2" pipe in the penetration between the garage and crawlspace, but what's an extra inch I guess... Question, this arrangement would be a wet vent, which isn't allowed here, right? I was planning something like the following picture (not my picture)...
  3. Patrick75

It's one of the problems. Along the back wall of the garage, from left to right is the washer, dryer, sink, water heater, then the entry point into the crawl space. It's probably about 8 feet inside the garage and then 25 ft in the crawlspace to the main. I'm having a hard time picturing how...
  4. Patrick75

I'm trying to find some pictures of an actual 802.4.3.1 rough in. I know that the standpipe and sink tailpiece have to be < 30" apart horizontally, but can the actual pipes connecting them be longer than 30" total? For connecting the sink to the trap-less arm, would I just use the elbow piece...
  5. Patrick75

Oh cool, so the 3" branch drain isn't code in NC? To be clear, it's almost all horizontal. I don't really have a vertical stack (1 story house with crawlspace. The only vertical section is about 2 feet long coming down from the garage into the crawlspace. [eta: re-reading, if the place...
  6. Patrick75

I'm rouging in for a washing machine and laundry tub in my garage. IPC code says: "The trap and fixture drain for an automatic clothes washer standpipe shall be a minimum of 2 inches (51 mm) in diameter. The automatic clothes washer fixture drain shall connect to a branch drain or drainage...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks