Search results

1. TheGreek

What to do - 1934 Standard Bathtub faucet

Hello, I have a 1934 Standard Bathtub faucet. All rebuilt and we put it in. Only to discover that one of the pipe connections is leaking. Turns out that this one connect, of many, has two or three hairline cracks in the threads. It does not go through, it does leak down and out past the...
  2. TheGreek

Scratching my head...Drilling a plumbing wall

I have a silly little question... I have a 1-1/2 inch vent pipe/drain pipe for a sink that runs from the upper plate to the lower plate. I cannot get access to the plates to come up/down into a stud bay. Therefore, I need to pass a 1/2 inch cold water pipe past a 1/-1/2 inch vent pipe. The...
  3. TheGreek

Cast Iron Sink Vent Line Clearance Problem

Hi All, I have a 1930's Standard Cast Iron Sink that is wall mounted. I have the factory mount. The issue is that the mount requires a 2x6 in the wall, flat facing between the studs, to handle the bracket and the weight. The unit hangs from the top lip. The bracket hangs down about 3 inch or...
  4. TheGreek

Toilet, 3 inch, dog leg 15 inch from wall…Question

I have a toilet that is to be moved A few feet down the wall. The existing pipe, a 3 inch ABS pipe, runs in cavity made by the second floor truss bays. The truss members cannot be cut. The pipe runs to the edge of the bathroom and then drops down and interior wall to the ground floor. THe...
  5. TheGreek

What a Mess!

So, I got my 2nd floor bathroom floor open and found a convoluted mess on the vent plumbing. It all met the code as of 1990. My problem is that we need to move the toilet a few feet to the right. Problem is they vented it at the hip wall and not the side wall. We will be moving the sink closer...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks