Search results

1. Chesterton

Multiple tempering valves don't work

Well, this one has me stumped: We have a tankless water heater that also supplies a heat exchanger inside for "emergency heat" when our heat pump needs help. The water heater provides water at 160 degrees, which I have confirmed. It goes to a tempering valve before it supplies the rest of the...
  2. Chesterton

Help selecting a tempering valve

I have a Rinnai tankless that supplies domestic hot water. When it's particularly cold out it also provides hot water to a heat exchanger in the HVAC ("emergency heat"). Consequently, the controller on the Rinnai allows it to heat to 185 degrees. There is currently an Apollo TV 34-200...
  3. Chesterton

Reassure me that a shielded coupling (e.g., Fernco) is just as good

I have to splice into my 3" horizontal waste line. It's behind a wall (hidden) in the basement and will be real pain to get to now and in the future. There is no "give" in the pipe--I can't slide it around or whatever to make a traditional coupling work. I am currently planning to use two of...
  4. Chesterton

Point-of-use water heater

I am renovating the master bath. We're at the opposite end of the house from the water heater, so I haven't washed my hands in hot water in 17+ years. I'd like to add a point-of-use electric tankless hot water heater (e.g., Bosch Tronic 7kW) that requires a dedicated 30A circuit. I have a new...
  5. Chesterton

Moving a tub--will this vent properly?

I am renovating my master bathroom and changing the location of the tub. It was originally located where the sink is in the drawing below. The sink will now use that 1.5" line (I didn't even know you could use a 1.5" with a tub?). The new location of the tub is shown below. My concern is that...
  6. Chesterton

Radius for a toilet waste direction change

I am renovating a bathroom and the preferred new location for the toilet is in a corner of the house on the main floor. The basement underneath is finished. Due to the XPS insulation, 2x4s, etc., in the basement, the new location is challenging to access. As you can see in the attached image...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks