Search results

1. Jeehole

Symmons Shower Diverter too much water from tub spout

Thanks Terry, good tips. I have replaced parts in Symmons valves a few times with good results. One question - do you recommend cleaning out the diverter body with a wire brush when replacing? I used a 1/2" copper tube brush. My plumber thinks this contributed to the new valve not seating as...
  2. Jeehole

Thanks for replying. I was thinking of trying a different diverter valve in case it was defective. But seems unlikely. I talked to my plumber about it yesterday, he thinks I should not have cleaned it out with the brush... guess I have to live with it until I can replace the whole valve...
  3. Jeehole

It's a symmons temptrol tub/shower valve this is a link to the replacement diverter part # TA-25A https://www.phwarehouse.com/products/Symmons-%23TA%252d25A-Diverter-%7B47%7D-Volume-Spindle-Model-A.html
  4. Jeehole

it's a diverter on the symmons valve
  5. Jeehole

Hi all, I just did an overhaul on my shower. Replaced shower head and pipe, symmons spindle and hot/cold seat, new symmons elve trim kit, tub spout, trip lever, and grate. After replacement, I noticed the diverter was real notchy. I figure some of the PB Blaster I used to free the seats may...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks