Search results

1. Maulydaft

Mysterious drip and diverter issues...

Yes we have the two problems now - diverting problem where the only way to get the water to come out the shower only is to hold the diverter up and THEN turn on the water, and then the dripping spout when the water is off. The drip started happening when the new spout was put on (to deal with...
  2. Maulydaft

But looking at that plate - I didn't see one in my faucet
  3. Maulydaft

That's def my cartridge!
  4. Maulydaft

Oh interesting! I didn't notice such a plate, but that doesn't mean very much since I am no expert in the least! It's AS 023529-0070A - don't know if you can tell looking if it's suppose to have a plate? There was a "plate" inside when I changed the cartridge but it didn't seem to have anything...
  5. Maulydaft

Yes definately diverter spout. There was no dripping until plumber put in a new spout (to deal with the issue of the water coming out both shower and tub faucet). Now it drips like crazy - like will fill an entire bathtub in a less than day. We have to shut off the main water to deal until a...
  6. Maulydaft

Ohhhh! I wouldn't have a clue how to do this... thank you though!
  7. Maulydaft

This is a new cartridge now. I soaked the original (well, it was from 2020) and balancing unit and that did no good. (They LOOKED totally fine to me. Nothing like what you see on Youtube!)
  8. Maulydaft

Yes, it's the tub dripping when everything is off. I put the new cartridge in myself so I guess I could have mis-installed it but I was careful and it was pretty straight forward.... ?? I had also taken off the shower head to clean it - could I have screwed up something behind the wall if I'd...
  9. Maulydaft

Only hot and cold in bathroom sink

Hi there - well not that foreign - hahaha. Canadian plumbing is just like American. Thing is the water didn't change sides or anything. There's just no warm anymore. Just hot and cold. Yes, no individual water heater it's all in basement like apartment building.
  10. Maulydaft

I'm also curious as to why this would be a problem only in bath sink and not shower or kitchen sink...
  11. Maulydaft

I don't even know what a riser is - hahaha! Sounds like something the management should be looking into? I'm assuming it's American Standard who made the sink fixtures as that's who made our shower fixtures and original toilet.
  12. Maulydaft

Thoughts on this: Condo is 5 years old. For a few months we've only been getting hot and cold from bathroom sink. Had a plumber come in for our shower issue and mentioned the sink. He said "I could replace the cartridge in that sink but I don't think it will help..." and then proceeded to tell...
  13. Maulydaft

Black particles flecks specs residue in hot water only - please help

Not quite sure. I searched for the post where someone actually mentioned the temperature and couldn't find it. They claimed that our water is set to commercial temperature and he's told management it's too hot and they lower it but everytime the condo plumbers come to fix stuff they put it back...
  14. Maulydaft

I'll try and keep this brief, but it's not a brief story! Our condo is 5 years old. Recently had a problem where the water was coming out the shower and tub spout when showering. Emailed the plumber, worker put in a new spout. Cost $325 and took 5 min. Then the spout started dripping. We also...
  15. Maulydaft

Black particles flecks specs residue in hot water only - please help

We live in a condo and have no access to those hoses... it only happens in the tub and maybe once a month... Black smeary specks... Some people are complaining of water temp being too hot. Could that cause the deterioration? Any thoughts?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks