Search results

1. _big_

Grohe thermostatic valve repair

My wife's shower has a 20 year old Grohe thermostatic shower valve. She is complaining that after operating seemingly properly for 10-15 minutes, it then only delivers cold water in spite of the fact there is plenty of hot water in the tank. As near as I can tell, its a "Talia" model which...
  2. _big_

Odd boiler behavior

Don't think a mechanical meter or sampling DVM would yield any useful info. An oscilloscope with a sweep rate set to show several cycles of the AC and long persistence should be able to catch a glitch in the AC.
  3. _big_

Odd boiler behavior

Its 24 VAC. Noise difficult to catch with any sort of meter. I could connect a scope, but that's really hard to trigger for noise on AC. I may connect the scope anyway on a slow sweep speed. Might show something. I looked at the 24 VAC transformer. Its pretty small, but part of the...
  4. _big_

Odd boiler behavior

There is exactly one circulator pump for everything. It turns on when a zone demands heat. In turn, the boiler may fire up the main burner if the primary loop falls below the set point. I've noticed some "funny stuff"/noise with my zone monitoring hardware. I'm still observing. I have a...
  5. _big_

Odd boiler behavior

I have a 20 year old Super Hot Saturn Series 270K BTU boiler. It provides heat for an indirect water tank and 6 radiant floor zones. Its working fine and I've never had any trouble with it for 20 years. :):):) Mostly out of curiosity, I have "instrumented" my heating system. I can...
  6. _big_

Boiler/side arm replacement

My house has radiant floor heat and a large NG boiler as the heat source. DHW is generated by a side arm water tank. House is now 20 years old. Everything still works fine. But I'm told boilers last about 15 years and I'm living on borrowed time. Considering a pro-active boiler...
  7. _big_

Lochinvar Knight wall mount service clearance requirement

Precisely, I don't want to put myself in a position where a service action forces a removal of the boiler. The boiler room is reasonably large and for the most part there is plenty of room around the unit. Its just that I want to mount it on a particular wall and space on the left side a...
  8. _big_

Lochinvar Knight wall mount service clearance requirement

I'm exploring the installation of a Lochinvar Knight wall mount boiler. Model #WHB085N. I have a slightly tight location. The installation guide says a 12" service clearance is required on the left side. I can probably make this 12 inches, but something less opens up some attractive...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks