Search results

1. Kmcogar

DIY Kitchen Island plumbing Vent question

Also, to clarify the AAV. If I was to install the AAV. Is a vent stack connection needed? I assumed that eliminates the need for it which is why plumbers use it. Seems too easy...
  2. Kmcogar

I wanted to add an additional diagram to ensure everything is done correctly. The vent pipe runs 8ft away from drain pipe until it turns 90 degrees and becomes vertical. It then turns another 90 and runs horizontal to the original pipe which turn 90 degrees again towards the vent stack. Its...
  3. Kmcogar

Wayne, Thanks. That makes a lot of sense. I'll be sure to do that. I might have to make modifications to the current set up because the horizontal vent in the attic currently runs flat on top of the trusses in the attic. I did remove the original vent and when I did I was surprised that a little...
  4. Kmcogar

Also, it astounds me how much knowledge professionals have. I look at something, read, read, and read more...still confused. Then I have a professional look at it for 2 seconds and they are so helpful. I needed help with the electrical aspect of the kitchen and laid out a plan. I invited my...
  5. Kmcogar

The wall that was removed has the living room on the right (east), kitchen on the left (west). Yes, it was a peninsula and will be converted to an island. I was thinking vent loop, but the AAV appears to be much simpler and quite the space saver. Thanks! The floor joist and ceiling joist run...
  6. Kmcogar

I am in the process of remodeling my kitchen. My current sink is not far from the new location, but I had to remove a wall. This wall had the plumbing vent inside of it. Now I need to find a new location for the vent. What I cant seemed to grasp is the size of the pipe I need to use and how far...
  7. Kmcogar

Sewage smell in bathroom(s)

Main question I would like an answer to is: How much pressure/suction should you feel on your vent pipe when a toilet is flushed?
  8. Kmcogar

It has been intermittent since we moved in. About 8 months. Sometimes we smell it, sometimes we dont. But lately is has been worse than usual
  9. Kmcogar

I have researched the issue of sewage smell in my bathroom quite a bit lately and I still have a few questions. I will try to be as descriptive as possible to clearly explain what's going on. House is on septic and was checked May of last year. Surveyors said it was one of the cleanest septic’s...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks