Search results

1. Rockwind1

Submersible pump: When to use relay vs contactor?

maybe you could draw a picture of your system and that way cary or reach can visualize it,,,, i have a system similiar to yours, with a 5000 gallon tank. i do not understand how a pressure switch tells your pump to turn off when the cistern is full
  2. Rockwind1

THE BEST heat tape for well house pipes.

Thanks Carey. I do have a pit less adapter but in my set up, the 1 inch PVC pipe that comes off the pitiless adapter goes underground for 30 feet to the pump House and then pops up into the pump house and goes through the wall into a big black storage tank, then another pipe comes off of...
  3. Rockwind1

Good solid state switch controls

Finally going to put a float switch in my tank which is going to control 2 selinoid valves for filling up the tank and then draining the riser during cold weather I also have two of these old Warwick control boxes That control my lower submersible pump and another jet pump. I wanted to...
  4. Rockwind1

THE BEST heat tape for well house pipes.

I know there must be a commercial grade brand out there. Gets down in the low teens /high single digits here in winter time
  5. Rockwind1

Where to get a fair price on well pump, pipe, wire, controls

i was just using the backhoe as a solid base for my boom. was going to use a winch.
  6. Rockwind1

i have a 30' boom on my backhoe with wire cable and good tools. installing is not the problem,, correct wiring will be a slight challenge but easily doable as i do have a friend or 2 with experience who can guide me if necessary but i don't want to call upon them until i really need them...
  7. Rockwind1

i'm actually going to use a 1 hp 5gpm pump with sch 120 pvc. that is interesting about using small wire. the plan was to use 10 guage wire, so do an extra splice about 190 ft from the top. i had always heard that would burn up a motor faster but maybe if it is more...
  8. Rockwind1

this pump would be set at between 570'-560',, the casing goes to 580'. i was thinking poly for the less friction loss not sure if it can go that deep. in this case, the pump is just filling up a 2500 gallon tank, however, the jet pump might work with your cycle stop valve. i was...
  9. Rockwind1

i have 2 new wells i just drilled and have been really looking into dropping the pump in my self to save a few bucks. i'm very handy. what i have been running into is the local supply places seem to really screw over the average joe as far as charging them for the parts, there are 3 or 4...
  10. Rockwind1

Is there a reasonably priced soft start control for a typical single phase motor?

Thanks to Reach and Cary,, I've been looking at VFD's and regular pumps for my 2 wells I just drilled. for my particular application,, i don't think a VFD is really necessary but the soft start seems like a huge benefit. I've installed a couple of soft start electronic units on some 1.5 hp...
  11. Rockwind1

Again,,,,, new deepened well in Arizona, confused,,,what pump and motor

it has 4.5" white pvc casing. i will see about a flow inducer
  12. Rockwind1

Again,,,,, new deepened well in Arizona, confused,,,what pump and motor

I recently had my "good" well on my 20 acre "ranch" start not functioning correctly,, turned out the well had started not producing as much. anyway,,,, I deepened the well to 680 ft. the static water level was sounded at 109ft deep before I deepened it ( I assume it is still the...
  13. Rockwind1

1/2 gpm is it worth casing

Thank you. Good advice. I will. Yes. Single phase. Was thinking of using a solar pump. I have a 6500 gallon water tank I want to put a float switch in.
  14. Rockwind1

The two guys drilling at work for a fairly big company called drill tech here, the main guy running the drill rig seems pretty young like late 20s. He said he would put casing on it, actually I’m looking out my window and they’re starting to put the casing in right now
  15. Rockwind1

Let me be more clear, here in my state you’re allowed one well up to 35 GPM for your house and you’re allowed another Stockwell, I think at the same GPM. The well that I’m using for the house is maybe a 10 GPM well, so I thought I would drill a Stockwell hoping to get better Gpm kind of for a...
  16. Rockwind1

This is a stock well, it was also going to be my back up well in case my other well which is like 400 yards away, and it’s a fairly good well like water static water at 150
  17. Rockwind1

I just drilled a 670 foot well, hit water at 560, stopped at 6:70, cost me about 10,000 bucks to drill this hole. The rating it at 1/2 GPM, the 4 1/2 inch plastic casing will cost me about 5000 bucks, is it worth casing and putting a pump in?
  18. Rockwind1

Septic tank question and where is good septic tank forum?

Was remodeling a bunk house I have for a single person renter but don't have any septic. For all the grey water I am doing a French drain for plant watering. I was going to put in a tank for solids and just have it pumped every 6 months. Anyone done this, is it feasible? Septic...
  19. Rockwind1

Suddenly, well stops producing or impeller ?

you must mean water level control,, yes, that it how it is controlled
  20. Rockwind1

Suddenly, well stops producing or impeller ?

i have not looked at diagnostic light,, that is a good idea.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks