Search results

1. Chris Curtin

Horizontal sewage ejector piping before reaching final drain?

Thanks, there will be a gate valve for maintenance. Wayne, I'm going to get up in the joist with the HVAC this weekend to see if there is a way to get above it and have enough of a pitch to the connection the builder left me to make moving the vent worth it.
  2. Chris Curtin

Thanks. I found a sizing chart today from one of the vendors and they talk about increments of 100 feet of pipe in the static head calcs, so I guess 10 isn't an issue. Thanks for the reply.
  3. Chris Curtin

Hi, How much level horizontal can I use on a sewage ejector setup before reaching the final drain? The builder's tie in for the basement bathroom is a horizontal stub out, half way into the joist bay, connected to the main drain. The issue is that where they put the ejector pit and bathroom...
  4. Chris Curtin

Basement shower instead of roughed in tub

Thanks. Does this mean the vent on the right goes away since I'd make a long sweep 90 or pair of 45's as one continuous pipe from the shower? The vent for the whole bathroom is the pipe on the left. The toilet is just outside of the picture on the left. No other pipes currently. Would I still...
  5. Chris Curtin

Maybe some more information to get some advice? The shower drain will be at the bottom of the picture where we excavated, and I want to connect it to where I have the 90. From the 90 it will flow to the wye and down to the ejector pit, you can see the sharpie mark on the concrete where the 2"...
  6. Chris Curtin

Hi, The builder roughed in a full bath in the basement, but setup it up for a tub instead of a shower. We want a shower with a center drain. Is it okay to use a wye and a 90 to connect the shower drain to where the tub used to be? Or a pair of 45's? I know we need to remove the p-trap under the...
  7. Chris Curtin

Running vent across basement ceiling

Thanks. An interesting idea from a neighbor: split the pitch difference. So angle up (away) from the kitchen pump, angle down (towards) the sewer ejector vent. Somewhere mid room pull the PVC closer to the inside of the joist making a slight hill. Now any water in the vent will flow towards one...
  8. Chris Curtin

Adding lights to existing circuit while finishing the basement

Thanks for the reply. I'm thinking more about the inspector looking at the new LED light fixtures and saying 'no way did your lazy builder do that' and fail me since those new wires/fixtures are live before the inspection.
  9. Chris Curtin

Adding lights to existing circuit while finishing the basement

Hi, I have a permit to finish the basement. In the county I live there is only the rough in inspection, then the final approval. No separate electrical inspection. Homeowner can do their own electrical in GA. The basement has 6 existing lights, of course in the wrong place for what we're...
  10. Chris Curtin

Running vent across basement ceiling

Hi, I'm designing the basement finishing and have an interesting problem. The builder put in an ejector pit, stubbed bathroom, drain extension, vent extension, capped water lines etc. on the upper left side of the basement. My wife wants a full kitchen on the right side. Using a pump to push...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks