Search results

1. DaleGribble

Suddenly need to turn faucets to 9/10 hot to get hot water out of them

I live in a low rise condo. We have gas-fired boilers in the basement and no individual hot water tanks. So a week or so ago they replaced the aging boiler. A couple of days ago in the evening I noticed the water would only get lukewarm. Odd, never happened before in all the time I was...
  2. DaleGribble

Mini split in a condo...best way to deal with condensate?

He told me that the fins from the compressor can be corroded (without regular service) from what it draws in the air. Apparently whatever it is isn't supposed to go down a rainwater pipe but would be fine for soil, or wastewater lines. I'm not well versed in this stuff, hence my having to...
  3. DaleGribble

Working with an engineer on this one to appease my condo board. My engineer did not think the condensate would be safe to put in the gutter (said it would prematurely wear the metal on the gutter) and said it would be pulling things from the air that should not go down a rainwater drain. He...
  4. DaleGribble

Thank you for the replies. I am pouring water down the drain and don't see it coming out the pipe. How can I tell if it's an overflow or the direct drain? It does rain a ton here but rain is of course at a much slower flow than condensate.
  5. DaleGribble

Hi all, After a heat wave from hell and going back and forth with my condo, I finally got approved to install a mini split in my condo. But after talking to many contractors and an engineer (my compromise was getting an engineer to help quell the condo board's concerns RE: envelope penetration...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks