Search results

1. Vtxrider

New Symmons TA-10 cartridge and fluctuating hot water temp.

Finally got hot water. I bought a new valve. Nothing else help. Followed all the suggestions from here and other places. The cold seat was stripped bad and wouldn't seal. Couldn't move it even with a long Cresent wrench. So with the new valve on standby, I put a 3 ft long pipe on the Cresent...
  2. Vtxrider

Water heater filling from HOT side while draining...but how?

Well basically just trying to get hot water, getting warm water to shower. Not sure why it did the hot side feeling but it never did it again. I actually don't have single faucet. Made a mistake saying that. Besides rebuilding the valve a few times, running air through the lines front flushed...
  3. Vtxrider

Symmons water pressure spindle

Is there a chance the valve be worn from hard water? Mostly on the cold side. It seems with the spindle remove i can see the cold side inlet. Compared to the hot side it's far larger. I've got well water and the valve is original about 40 years pld.
  4. Vtxrider

Backflushing a shower valve.

If I connect a hose to the drain, would the cold water have a enough pressure to push it out a cellar window that is about 6 ft off the floor? The tank is about 6ft from the window. I'm guessing it would because it pushes it around the house. Is that right?
  5. Vtxrider

I understand that. Used it many times. I mentioned I don't have a drain or a slop sink to drain in to. Like do something easy then emptying 5 gallon pails.
  6. Vtxrider

I have a symmons shower valve I'd like to back flush. I believe I got something that might be caught in elbow going into it. Long story about hot water temp. I don't have a drain to open for the HW drain into. Normally I'll use buckets. My washer sits a floor below the shower and uses the same...
  7. Vtxrider

Thanks for the reply. I've done everything regarding the whole valve including talking to Symmons on why I have lukewarm water. I posted on this because it sounded like my problem now. After trying to blow out line again with compressed air I went to refill my tank. I had drained it down to...
  8. Vtxrider

I stumbled across this old post. I just went the same thing today. My basic problem is luke warm water just to shower. I've done everything to try to solve this. New Symmons valve, new PEX lines (old copper was leaking anyway), back flush and front flush. Compressed air and water. Would a valve...
  9. Vtxrider

Back flushing

I was thinking of ether running the hose out the cellar window or out the bulkhead door. Both are well below the floor where the tank is. I'd like to use the house water pressure to blast what ever is stuck out. I can see the water and its flow this way. I did flush going into the tub but still...
  10. Vtxrider

Back flushing

They way out of the cellar to go up to ground level. Walk up the stairs, open the two and there you are.
  11. Vtxrider

Back flushing

I want to back flush my hot water line. I got some blockage near my shower valve so I think. Whole other story. I don't have a floor drain or any drain where the tank is. To drain the tank I would fill buckets and then throw it out the bulkhead. Instead of keep filling and empty buckets I...
  12. Vtxrider

Symmons Shower Diverter too much water from tub spout

I've got the same problem and same scenario with the rebuild. Did the same with the brush and flushing. Tried different tub/ shower diverters. Still the same. 40+ year old valve. I'm thinking the valve is worn. Other problems that exhausted remedies. I've got well water.
  13. Vtxrider

Any suggestions on this? Still dealing with the problem.
  14. Vtxrider

It's been quite awhile but still dealing with the luke warm water. Things I've done. New spindles. Hot water pressure check, ok. Back flush. Front flush. Disconnected hot water line to tank and sinks. Rigged an air inlet to symmons valve. Blew 120lbs of air. I did fine a piece of hose washer...
  15. Vtxrider

Short life washers on corrugated supply line

I have. These particular washers don't flatten out. They break apart while still attached to the nipple and supply line. Then it leaks. Last one after removing corrugated line was in 3 pieces of which a piece went into tank. We're talking a year old. Not sure where sharkbite gets them but my...
  16. Vtxrider

Short life washers on corrugated supply line

Washers on my sharkbite corrugated supply lines don't last. Are these washers specifically made for these or can I use an alternative one. Had them fail on copper corrugated lines too.
  17. Vtxrider

After replacing a TA-10 cartridge, the hot water temp fluctuates from luke warm, a brief spot of cold and maybe hot few seconds. Mostly just luke warm. Also I can spin the valve a full revolution and a 1/4 more. Not sure why I get the 1/4 more turn. The stem and cap was screwed completely. I get...
  18. Vtxrider

Symmons Valve

I just took a crack at taking out the cold seat using the newer removal tool. It took little effort to strip the seat's notches. Not having a easy out I noticed a slight depression on the seat. I took emory cloth and made some passes at it. I soaked it with pb blaster for when I try again with...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks