Search results

1. Mart

Hot water recirculation bridge valve

Sadly, yup. Probably more like 80-90’. Much appreciate your response, John.
  2. Mart

No, it’s an electric Rheem 60g. And I’ve only now discovered that the Grundfos Comfort model 10-16 DT PM DU/LC I was sold and had installed is apparently much less powerful than the Comfort System model. Maybe that’s the problem. The unit I’ve got is evidently rated at a max flow of 2 gpm with a...
  3. Mart

Thanks, John. I probably should have more accurately said that the valve seems to open and close properly when hot water finally reaches it with the hot water faucet open, with the pump on or off. That is, with the cold water angle stop off and the cold water tap open, the water does slow to a...
  4. Mart

Terry Love- cancer update

Can’t tell you how much I appreciated Terry’s selfless, sage advice and this/his monumentally helpful forum for the countless thousands of people and families it continues to inform and benefit. His example and devotion to his multi-faced passion(s) was humbling and inspiring. Thank you, so...
  5. Mart

I recently installed a Grundfos Comfort 10-16 DT PM BU/LC hot water recirculating pump and a single Grundfos Comfort 00595926 thermal bridge valve (I.E. retrofit application, using cold water line for return, no dedicated return pipe) that is installed at the furthest sink (kitchen) from my hot...
  6. Mart

Need a new Toilet - Toto seems like the right choice

I installed three 2021 Toto Drake washlet+ 1.6gpf and couldn’t be happier. Also HIGHLY recommend considering buying either those or Ultra Max washlet+ with bidet seat — s500e or s550e. You will be rapidly spoiled and the extra $ are well worth it. But regardless, the flushing power and cleaning...
  7. Mart

Toilet safety frame that fits Toto Drake 2021 washlet+

Sadly, the delivery/install guy from the home support supplies who delivered and setup other mobility aides was unsuccessful in trying to install two different such toilet support frames that would supposedly fit any standard elongated toilet. He told my wife that they wouldn’t align with the...
  8. Mart

Again, much appreciated.
  9. Mart

Perfect. So helpful, Terry. As an aside, do you know if those lateral support brace tends to mar the porcelain?
  10. Mart

Good potential solution, thanks. Though I’m hoping to get a stablizer that doesn’t have to be moved in and out of the way for different users with different needs. Appreciate the tip, all the same.
  11. Mart

Thanks for that. Probably not an issue for many, but am hoping to install a cross-toilet one with screwed-in stablizer bare that fits between the seat plate and tank, with or without a washlet bidet installed using the same seat holes. An odd request, no doubt.
  12. Mart

I’m looking to install a toilet frame with hand/stability rails for one of my Toto Drake 2021 washlet+ ready toilets fitted with SS124 seat, which has the deeper mounting plate to hide the as yet unused washlet bidet holes. Just wondering if anyone has any advice as to which make/model/style...
  13. Mart

Pressure draining Kitec hydronic tubing

Hey, John. Here’s a picture of what the inside of the failing Kitec pipe looks like at the short section that was replaced directly above its connection to the outflow valve. Looks like it started to melt, though the boiler was never set above 170F and the tubing was supposedly rated to 180F...
  14. Mart

Thanks, John, but out here in Vancouver, the winters are mostly fairly temperate and most of our newer and retrofitted homes are employing heat pump systems. But I’ll leave that for another future thread. For now, I just want to minimize any potential water damage risks from our existing Kitec...
  15. Mart

Yes, that’s right. I’m going to go with a ductless mini-split heat pump system to replace the under-floor hydronic radiant heat system as our primary heating system, supplemented by existing gas fireplaces and electric baseboards. So I’m essentially wanting to completely drain the radiant heat...
  16. Mart

I want to entirely decommission my Kitec in-floor hydronic heating system, which I intend to replace with a mini-split multi-zone air-to-air heat pump system. I am looking for advice on how to best clear any residual water from the loops/tubes and I am hoping to be able to do that with an air...
  17. Mart

Toto CST776CSG#01 or CST776CEG#01? Any meaningful difference in flush?

And if you might ever want to install a Washlet+ bidet with concealed supply connection, the models are C776CEFGT40 (bowl), ST776SA (tank and cover) and SS124 (soft-close seat).
  18. Mart

Toto CST776CSG#01 or CST776CEG#01? Any meaningful difference in flush?

I installed three of the 1.6GPF units a couple months ago and they are FANTASTIC. Excellent flushing power, very little brush work ever needed. The Cefiontect finish works very well, though ours also have equally terrific S500E bidets, with pre-mist to prevent sticking, which seems to do the...
  19. Mart

Preventing sediment damage from municipal water main maintenance

A replaceable cartridge filter? On the main pipe inside the house, before the PRV, installed by a plumber? Good idea, but never knew that was an option. As for flushing outdoor faucets, I should have mentioned that I did that as a first step in that incident above I described, and it didn’t...
  20. Mart

Preventing sediment damage from municipal water main maintenance

Just wondering what you experts would recommend to prevent damage from sediment after the municipal water supply has been shut off for maintenance and then restored. A few years ago the gas company accidentally nicked the water main on the road, thus causing a local shut-off on our street...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks