Search results

1. Travis K

How to tell if a solder joint is good

Hi everyone. In the past 20 years I have had only 1 call back on a bad solder joint. I am a general contractor and don't do much solder work anymore but I always worry about the soundness of a soldered joint. Most of the time the capillary effect shows itself and I can clearly see the solder...
  2. Travis K

Are old 1/4 turn stops as prone to leaking as multi turn

Hey all. I notice that most 4 year old and older brass craft multi turn valves tend to leak when you turn the handle. I understand why they leak and i don't think it's acceptable. I have been replacing these with non brass craft 1/4 valves. Do these quarter turn valves tend to leak after a few...
  3. Travis K

How to connect a double basin sink to 1 p trap?

He all. I am looking for better ways to hook up a double basin kitchen sink to 1 waste pipe. Of course I could use a whole bunch of slip fittings and make it work but I hate them. Especially a horizontal pipe that's got slip/ compression fittings on both sides. It seems like they always...
  4. Travis K

Kitchen sink waste pipe sizing and other related questions

I tore out and replaced some bad pipe in the wall under a kitchen sink today. A little history on this Job. I am a GC and tile contractor, Hi Jim. I was doing a bathroom remodel for this customer last year and for some reason I ended up looking under her kitchen sink. I informed her that the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks