Search results

1. Jetboy55

Tub spout connection

I have a old Delta tub spout right now. It unscrews and what I see is a fitting sweated to the pipe. The fitting is threaded near the wall, but also has a o- ring about an inch further (away from the wall). The spout has threads right at the wall end. What kind of connection is this called? I've...
  2. Jetboy55

Toilet rough hole is too big

I removed the old cast iron toilet flange while remodeling. The hole in the floor is larger than I am used to and my new flange just barely overlaps the sub-floor, not enough support in my opinion, I would have to drive screws at an angle to bite into the sub-floor. So I ordered a flange support...
  3. Jetboy55

Fitting solvent weld p-trap to tub drain

I'm installing new pvc trap arm to my existing tub. Also replacing the tub drain and overflow assembly, using a new t-waste drain assembly from Jones Stephens. I'm also using a standard solvent weld 1 1/2 in p-trap. Not having done this in over 15 years, I realized there is something I don't...
  4. Jetboy55

Cast iron drain cleaning

I'm replacing the cast iron dwv in my house. I have 3 stacks (2 baths, 1 kitchen) that go into the concrete and then join together. I want to, at least, have them cleaned really well....a fresh start so to speak to go along with the pvc above grade. I've seen a chain type of cast iron cleaning...
  5. Jetboy55

"TubShroom" into new tub drain

I am purchasing a new T-Waste tub drain assembly. I want to use a "TubShroom" or something similar in the tub drain to catch my wife's hair, rarely will we use a stopper for a bath. If I buy one of the t-waste kits with a toe-touch drain, will I be able to remove the toe-touch portion and insert...
  6. Jetboy55

Tub drain assembly advice

I have an older cast iron tub that the previous home owner had refurbished at some point, and it's in great shape. I am replumbing the bathroom and replacing all the cast iron and galvanized pipe. I need to replace the tub drain/overflow assembly too. The current brass assembly has the drain...
  7. Jetboy55

Support for cast iron vent

I am replacing my cast iron. The 3in cast iron goes thru roof boot. I was gonna pull it out also, but I've become concerned the boot won't fit the pvc replacement pipe properly since they have different od's. Can I cut the cast iron a little below the roof and just leave it? If so, what coupling...
  8. Jetboy55

Bathroom DWV Re-Do Help

Hi all, I am replumbing my small main bathroom and replaceing the cast iron and steel DWV pipes. I have been trying to understand wet venting requirements (among other requirements) to plan this out. But I am somewhat confused, so I thought I would turn to the folks at Terry Love forum for help...
  9. Jetboy55

Remove square, and install flex round, change routing

Hello all, thanks for any help you can give. I have done almost no HVAC work, so I need some advice. I am remodeling my main bath (1 story ranch with full basement). The wet wall of the bath is right above this duct work and the duct is making the plumbing work unnecessarily complicated and hard...
  10. Jetboy55

Auto shutoff for leak control

Is there a product I can buy that detects leaks/flooding and will tell a valve installed at my water pipe to shut off and also give me a notification of said shutoff. Basically automatic leak protection with notifications?
  11. Jetboy55

Stub outs and shut offs

I am remodeling bathroom. Dealing with just the sink and toilet supplies. Trying to decide on stub outs. After reading many threads, I will just stub out the pex-A in the vanity with PEX angle stops. Will 1/2 PEX-A bend enough to make the turn in a 2x4 wall and into the vanity? What should I use...
  12. Jetboy55

replacing CIP roof vent with PVC

When I replace the CIP in my house, I want to replace the vent through the roof also. Will the device that provides the hole in the roof and seals to the CIP (it's rubber of some kind) also fit PVC, so I can just remove the CIP and install the PVC? Thanks.
  13. Jetboy55

Tandem shower heads

I've decided not to remove my shower/tub. But to make it more useful and enjoyable, I would like to have two shower heads for when the Mrs. and I shower together. I would like to find a solution that doesn't include plumbing in the walls. This product does basically what I want...
  14. Jetboy55

Trim kit for this older Delta 1700 valve

I have this Delta shower/tub faucet that I think was installed in the mid 2000's. I replaced the cartridge in it about a year ago and what I know from the research I did then, it is a Delta Monitor 1700 Series pre-2006, and the cartridge I put in it was a RP32104, and it worked flawlessly. Now I...
  15. Jetboy55

Choosing a shower surround

Hi, I am looking to replace my tub/shower with a shower only. I am looking at surround and shower base kits, and doors at the big box stores. I can't spend $2k on a shower surround, so the best price I've come up with is a American Standard Ovation Curve 60x30, which comes as a kit for about...
  16. Jetboy55

Hot water recirculation question

Doing a full bath remodel in master bathroom. Replumbing the master bath with PEX-A and will be making some additions and changes around the water heater so that there are shut offs for the two main branches in the house, and adding flex lines to the water heater input/output, since it's hard...
  17. Jetboy55

Codes require a tub in the house?

I am planning a bath remodel, where I want to remove the existing tub and install a stand up shower only. We never use the tub, and a shower gives more room for my wife and I to shower together. But it just occurred to me that codes may REQUIRE a tub be in the house. There would be no tub in the...
  18. Jetboy55

PEX-A Shower Valve

Ok, with help from the forum, I've decided to forgo the tub spout in the new shower (no tub) that I was thinking about using for bucket filling. Ok, so now I need a suggestion and have 1 question. First, what shower only valve should I use. I'm running two separate shower heads and shower...
  19. Jetboy55

Two shower heads with PexA

I'm starting to get serious about my bathroom remodel planning. I have decided to replumb the bathroom with Pex-A, and I can borrow a Milwaukee expander from a friend. (shower only, no tub). I have 70psi water pressure. So I am going to install two shower valves with two shower heads, as...
  20. Jetboy55

Dual shower heads at the same time for DIY

I'm getting ready to remodel my main/only full bathroom. It is currently a tub/shower combo. I want to take the room down to studs and install a stand up alcove shower where the tub used to be. This is because my wife and I have always enjoyed showering together, and a tub/shower isn't enough...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks