Search results

1. MachAF

Milky hot water

I put in a new heat pump water heater in my shop and the water is milky with millions of air bubbles. After I let it sit in a glass for a few minutes it's clear. My house doesn't have this issue and it's on the same water supply as the shop. Wondering what the cause is? And what the fix is...
  2. MachAF

Toilet shut off valve leak

I must have lucked out today. Found my toilet valve leaking, must have just started today. I turned it off, still leaking. I pull off the valve and cannot get the compression fitting off. Went and bought a compression fitting removal tool. That compression fitting was on there so tight I...
  3. MachAF

Replacement Pump Suggestions

Greetings everyone: I have a 156 ft steel cased well with pitless that was drilled in 2004. Static water level was 101ft, air test was 40-50 gal minute. I'm not sure what the current pump is, all I know is the control box is a Franklin 2HP. I have a 86 gallon pressure tank on a 60/40 switch...
  4. MachAF

Hot Tub Wiring

My jurisdiction uses NEC 2020. My question is: My home was prewired with a 60 amp hot tub circuit and 6/3 NM-B was ran underneath the crawl space to where the spa GFCI panel would be installed. Is it okay to run the NM-B through an LB through the 90 and into the spa GFCI? I would then run THHN...
  5. MachAF

Hot water on dedicated recirculation line

When I run hot water without the recirc pump on it takes a while to get warm but it never gets truly hot. Let’s say it feels like only 100f. When I turn the pump on I will get hot water (120f). Any ideas why that is? Is cold water mixing with the hot some how? I didn’t think it did that with a...
  6. MachAF

What’s up with my pitless adapter?

Well is about 16 years old. Pitless looked corroded/ rusted. Stuck a vacuum down there to clean all the rust off the threads. Any ideas what’s going on? Haven’t tried to pull it yet but it’s looking like it won’t be easy.