Search results

1. Gundraw

When is PVC cement bad

How do you know when PVC cement is "Jelly-like" and can't be trusted. I bought a big can at the beginning of May, probably opened later that month. I have been gluing with it ever since and try to be diligent of having the lid at least pushed close between joints, and screwed closed between...
  2. Gundraw

P-Traps - Seal Depth Greater than 4"

Anyone know the implications of a P-trap having a seal depth greater than 4"? I would like to assemble a P-Trap using LT fittings to aid in cleanout from a potential clog for a floor drain. My last home was plagued with cast iron drains with clogged (integrated) ptrap. A 3" P-trap using LT...
  3. Gundraw

Floor Drain Rough-In Question

I am installing a few floor drains for a building. I was surprised at a few of the rules and wanted to make sure that the info I had was "good practice". Note that these will be installed under a slab. I took a diagram I found online and modified to roughly what I want to do. All lines are...
  4. Gundraw

Underslab plumbing mock-up

It is time to get my sewer and drain lines plumbed in under my garage/workshop. I started a thread some time ago about this subject (https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?threads/2-story-dwv-rough-layout.99294/) and @wwhitney helped get this scheme together: After doing some redesign and...
  5. Gundraw

Floor drain plumbing to daylight

So I want to put in a handful of floor drains in a workshop I will be building (see attached PDF). I am, however, unsure what the right way to do this will be. The utility sinks are the only drain that would regularly get usage, and this would be hand rinsing/part washing etc only. More...
  6. Gundraw

Water pressure drop over house-long run to bathroom

I have lived in this house for over a year (built in mid 70's), and one of the most frustrating aspects is the way they ran the water lines to the two bathrooms. Attached is a sketch of the existing plumbing. As one can guess from the picture, the main problem is if you are taking a shower...
  7. Gundraw

Which Brand of Frost Free Sillcock is Reliable & Repairable?

House has a frost free sillcock that is leaky. Quite a bit of corrosion as I believe it is original with the house (70's construction). I am a little unsure of the quality on some of the new stuff. I would rather buy a nicer model if it will last like this original one did, and, if I have a...
  8. Gundraw

2 story DWV Rough Layout

Looking at a workshop with a simple first floor 1/2 bath but want to make sure I could add a potential full bath to the second story. (The second bath would be directly above the first bath) Trying to keep the number slab (and roof) penetrations to a minimum. Does this rough layout meet code...
  9. Gundraw

American Standard Hamilton 1-piece Flush Valve

Have a 1 piece American Standard toilet that had a constant trickle into the bowl. I see 1999 stamped in the tank and am assuming this is the DOM. Fix 1: Pulling the top I noticed the old ball-float valve was letting the water get up to the overflow. I had a spare Flushmaster valve laying...
  10. Gundraw

Jones Manufacturing Company Oval Offset Closet Flange Repair

In working on an unrelated toilet problem, I noticed my basement toilet was not particularly tight to the floor. By the time I was done "fixing" it, the wax ring was leaking. After removing the toilet, I found I had the dreaded oval offset toilet flange. Mine has "Jones Manufacturing Company"...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks