Search results

1. GL77

Bidet power requirements

I would like to put in a bidet seat but I don't have a circuit free to power heat in it. The refrigerator circuit is right on the other side of the wall. It's 20A and includes a couple of rarely used GFCI receptacles. I could come off one of those and bring an outlet to the bathroom side of the...
  2. GL77

Acidic toilet bowl cleaners

I tried an acidic toilet bowl cleaner (I used EdFred) and found that it worked so much better than the ones available at the grocery store. I'm wondering why they aren't all formulated like this? I want to switch to this type of cleaner but first I wanted to check with plumbers whether there is...
  3. GL77

Hose spigot vacuum breakers

I have a question about the vacuum breakers that screw onto the hose spigot, I'm just curious how they work really. Are they 100% effective at keeping water from backflowing? Can a tiny amount of water get through before it closes off? I know how important they are. I just don't really...
  4. GL77

Is it normal for water pressure to fluctuate when no water is running?

I have an undersink water filter that has plastic tubing lines that jerk just a little when water has turned on or off in the house or yard, just so you hear them creak and you know water pressure has changed. Today I've been around the house all day and I have been hearing them doing that...
  5. GL77

Is rubber pipe insulation safe near water heater?

My plumber installed Uponor pex pipes in my utility room. My incoming water, shutoff, tankless WH and sediment filter are in this room whose door opens to the outdoors. This is a small space, more of a closet, really. I've been told I need to insulate the pipes because every time I open the door...
  6. GL77

Why does a toilet "burp"?

I have a Kohler Rialto that is working fine. I just wonder why, every so often, maybe once a month, I will go into the bathroom to wash my hands or put something away and I'll hear what sounds like a bubble come up in the toilet, just randomly. I've never been able to look over fast enough to...
  7. GL77

Plastic access panels and condensation?

I would like to install an access panel behind the shower wall, which would be in a walk-in closet, but I am curious since they don't seem to seal tight, do you get room air leaking in that would cause condensation on the pipes in the wall?
  8. GL77

Galvanized fitting failures

I have Zurn PEX with the old brass fittings, put in about 15 years ago. So far, no problems with it. But I have had some problems with galvanized fittings that are attached to it. For instance, galvanized threaded nipples threaded into the brass PEX fittings under sinks for the water supply...
  9. GL77

Keeping grease out of kitchen drains

I'm careful about keeping grease out of the drain but there is still some that gets washed down from residue on dishes and pots and pans and it seems to build up after time, especially in the garbage disposal. I just finished cleaning it all out and wondering where does all that stuff come from...
  10. GL77

Toilet plungers

I'm asking for an elderly friend who has some health problems, is there a type of toilet plunger that doesn't take much physical strength to use?
  11. GL77

Uponor discolored

The Uponor that connects to the line from my water heater is turning yellow. Is it normal for it to discolor from heat or is this a sign of trouble? It's a couple years old. I keep the water heater (tankless) at 125. You can see the normal color of the other line in the photo.
  12. GL77

Air gap for dishwashers

Is it unnecessary to put in an air gap for a dishwasher now? Does putting a high loop in the drain tube work just as well or is an air gap better?
  13. GL77

What fitting do I need?

I use this valve to bleed the system when I'm changing out filters but the space is too tight to get a bucket under it, so I'd like to add a short length of garden hose. Is there a fitting I can use to go from this PEX fitting to garden hose threads? I don't have the capability to do PEX.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks