Search results

1. RonL1

Fittings vs brazing

I've been reading about using fittings instead of brazing with nitrogen. Something like a rectorseal pro fit, or maybe a sharkbite ( I believe they make refrigerant fittings now) Seems like a much easier way to connect the freon lines. Especially when replacing a coil. Thoughts on this ...
  2. RonL1

Should water Pressure reducing regulator pressure be constant

When connected to house plumbing that is supplied by a well, shouldn't a pressure regulator flow valve keep the pressure steady ? The well pressure will cycle from 38 to 60 psi, and I have the regulator set for 28 pounds, but as the well cycles, the pressure will go from 28 to 35. (This is...
  3. RonL1

Best way to plumb doublesink on 42 center

Currently my double sinks (in bathroom) are 42 inches apart (drain to drain) and are plumbed togeather by a t in the middle to 1 p trap out to the stack drain. It passed code 30 years ago, but it's surely not up to current code. It's also starting to get an odor for some reason. So I want to...
  4. RonL1

Reversing solenoid wattage question

When I measure the watts being used in heat mode and the system is not heating, there is 0 watts being used. Once put into cooling mode and cooling is not in effect, there is voltage on the solenoid, but the wattage varies vastly every second. It can go from 0 to 1 to 5 to 10 to 3 .. pretty...
  5. RonL1

Pvc glue, how to store it ?

Is there any way to store pvc glue that will prevent it from going bad (it seems it takes less than a week and it's nothing but a gel)
  6. RonL1

What to use for house spigot

I am at a loss on what to install going through an 8 inch block and then brick veneer. I've used the 12 inch ones you can pick up at lowes, but they seem to be really cheap as they sp.it or start leaking. What would you suggest ? A piece of pvc, pex, and then a ball valve type ? I'm just...
  7. RonL1

Mud on well pump

I asked about this previously, but I found a picture. What would cause this mud at the top of the submersible pump ?
  8. RonL1

Pump check valve ?

As I was installing my new pump, I looked down Into the top and saw this plastic piece that looked like a screwed in protection cap. I reached in and it was loose and it pulled up maybe an inch or 2. It had a raised section like it was made to turn and it did, I then realized it was probably...
  9. RonL1

Odd question about sediment build up

When I pulled my defunct pump up out of the well, everything looked pristine, just like out of the box, pump, pipes wires ... everything, except where the 1 1/4 fitting screwed into the pump. That whole area was covered in a ball of sediment. We had to chip it off to get to the fitting to...
  10. RonL1

Total head calculation

Even though I just replaced my submersible pump, I wouldlike to know my head and from what I see online it's a bit confusing. If I'm running a high of 60 psi through 1 inch pipes, with 4 elbows. Pump is 40 feet down. Static water level is 24 feet down. 55 feet of level pipe from well head to...
  11. RonL1

Submersible pump availability

My current pump ( Meyers predator 8gpm) has been down the hole for around 25 years. It's been driving my geothermal heat pump so it has thousands apon thousands of cycles. And I know, don't fix it if it ain't broke, but sooner or later it's going to give up. Which leads to the problem of...
  12. RonL1

How do you wire a new 2 wire submersible pump ?

Thinking ahead to when my current pump fails, I am wondering about wiring the new one. Current pump is a 220 / 2 wire , no ground ... just 2 wires going down the hole. I'm pretty sure all new pumps have 3 wires, 2 hots and a ground. What do I do with the ground wire ? Just run it up the well...
  13. RonL1

Submersable pump went to half amps

My 220 2 wire submersible normally runs for roughly 4 minutes while it's pushing water through my geothermal heat pump. And draws about 1280 watts (5.25 amps) I monitor them using an emporia monitor. I just happen to see my well kick on at half the watts (547) for 16 minutes ( and there was...
  14. RonL1

Not saving money by lower temp setting

We had our heater set for 140 lower and upper elements... we thought let's save a few nickles and lower the temp down. So, we lowered the elements to 125 and now the tank runs much longer to reheat. It seems we must be using more water at the 125 degree mark so it's taking longer to get it...
  15. RonL1

Natural gas inspection question

Forgive me if this is the wrong place to ask this..... I am replacing a standby generator with a larger one. Basically disconnecting it from the current gas line (2psi regulated down) and reconnecting to the larger one. I know I need to pull a permit to do this, but what will the inspection...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks