Search results

1. Zerocool749

DIY PEX Bathroom. How'd I do? Seeking Advice!

Hi everyone, I recently used PEX to run my hot and cold supply to my basement bathroom. I'd love to get your advice and tips on where I did well and where I made some mistakes. :) Help, before I close this up with drywall and Kerdiboard! Just a few things to know: 1. For every connection I...
  2. Zerocool749

Oatey No Caulk Drain - Installation Question

This week I installed a Oatey No-Caulk drain for my basement shower. This pan and PVC pipe is mortared in. Cutting the PVC drain pipe at the perfect height was difficult and I think I cut it about 1/16" too short. When I push the rubber gasket down, it stays just above the lip of the PVC drain...
  3. Zerocool749

Shower Base flexes after mortar bed installation. Advice?

Hi everyone, Yesterday I installed an acrylic shower base, Dreamline Slimline, on my concrete basement slab. My floor was not level, so this is what I did: 1. I hot glued composite shims to the cement floor where the shower bases circular support rings would contact the cement. Hot glue was...
  4. Zerocool749

Copper To PEX New Basement Shower - Advice?

Hi everyone, I'm adding a three piece bathroom to my basement and I'm planning how to branch off my existing copper supply to feed my new bathroom shower, toilet, and sink. Luckily, I have the hot and cold for my upstairs bathroom located right near where I am adding this bathroom in the...
  5. Zerocool749

Fix broken PVC pipe in basement concrete

Hi all, While grinding my floors I broke the 2" PVC pipe coming out of my concrete basement floor. This feeds my utility sink. What's the best way to fix this? I'm thinking I could cut and chip out the PVC pieces and clean out the 90 degree elbow. It looks like that is still in tact. This...
  6. Zerocool749

Basement Bathroom Advice

Hi everyone, I'm planning to build a bathroom in my basement and wanted feedback on my plan. Layout - I am adding a three piece bathroom to the corner of my basement. I went with this basic layout and this 30" x 60" shower pan. The shower fixtures will be accessible from a closet on the other...
  7. Zerocool749

Bathroom Basement Diagram - Advice?

Hi all, I am adding a 3/4 bathroom to my basement and I'm trying to understand what the plumbing would look like. I plan on hiring a licensed plumber to do the rough plumbing, but I want to be knowledgeable so I can talk and understand his work. The green line is where I think the main stack...
  8. Zerocool749

Washer / Utility Sink Plumbing Help

Hi all, I'm trying to plan out the plumbing I will put in for a new utility sink and washer. Here is the diagram, I have an existing 1 1/2" or 2" floor drain about 10 inches away from a concrete wall. I plan to line up the washer, dryer, and utility sink against this concrete wall. There is...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks