Search results

1. Kengie

Hydronic Pipe Layout

Thank you. I will try this as it is a perfect time to try this over the next couple of days.
  2. Kengie

Hydronic Pipe Layout

Thank you. I will review the info. It's a good learning experience. The outdoor curve for the low temperature (Outdoor Low Temp Set) is 55F and the high temperature (Outdoor High Temp Set) is set to 80F. The Outdoor Reset Curves is set to Finned Tube baseboard. Naiven NCB240-130H Manual ---...
  3. Kengie

Hydronic Pipe Layout

Thanks fitter30. Based on your first post reply, the aluminum fins are 3/4" I wouldn't say there is a problem. Just getting an second opinion as I remember the piping of the oil based setup was that the supply loop never connects back to the return. The only way the heating water returns to...
  4. Kengie

Hydronic Pipe Layout

Thank you for your reply Dana and very much appreciated. I took a measurement as it seems that the supply side are 5 inches apart and the return side are 6 inches apart. At the current setup, is there any problems with it? Should I ask the plumber to redo it with the pre-made manifold (not...
  5. Kengie

Hydronic Pipe Layout

Thank you fitter30 and John. As mentioned from fitter30, in the middle of the schematic. It shows a dotted rectangle and if I'm reading the schematic right. It seems Naiven schematic is showing that the return is mixing / entering to the supply direction. Which in my current setup based on my...
  6. Kengie

Hydronic Pipe Layout

Hi there, I am looking for some second opinion from the wonderful community here. Previously I was using an oil based boiler and recently converted to a Naiven combi boiler NCB240-130H with a 3 zone smart thermostat and aluminum fin baseboard. While looking at the primary loop of the pipe...
  7. Kengie

Understanding of a Combi Boiler

I totally agree with you. I read all the links he gave to me and his blog is an excellent source of information. If I'm understanding this correctly, a combi boiler will still cycling on and off depends on the water return temperature and the need for heat. And even if it is running all the...
  8. Kengie

The burner was cycling on and off, not burning continuously. The boiler's output temperature is set to 180F at which the HydroStat would cut it off and the burner on temperature is at 150F. So because of the larger thermal mass, my understanding of an iron boiler is that the burner doesn't...
  9. Kengie

Thank you Dana for the great explanation and fitter30 for the information. So to take into example last night in New England, the over night outside temperatures were 13f (-10c) and the zone thermostat was set to 75f (23c). The zone temperature never made it to 75f and only reach 70f, thus...
  10. Kengie

Hi there, I'm looking into converting my iron-cast boiler to a combi boiler but I would like get an understand of how the combi boiler works. If starting from 13C to 21C will take a long time to heat up a room. Would the combi boiler be constantly on until the desired temperature is reach and...
  11. Kengie

Boiler Short Cycling - Multi zones

Thank you for your insight and looking into my issue. I will definitely take you up your advice with my boiler service company. Many thanks.
  12. Kengie

Thanks Dana for your time and your reply. Some background info about the previously installation were using radiators of the tubular type of 22 inches in height and varies widths (31 inches, 36 inches. 48 inches, and 41 inches). Not sure if that was the reason the previous installer was...
  13. Kengie

After looking at my set up, the three Lux Kono stat are connected to 3 Taco valve heads and it's connected to a single boiler Honeywell control board. So when all three zones are calling for heat. I think the three lux Kono is telling the boiler control board to fire up the boiler thus the...
  14. Kengie

Thank you fitter for looking and replying to this. For Kono stat, yes I have set the setup 06 to be boiler. The wiring from all three of the Kono stat are wired directly to the Taco value head to call for heat. As for the size of the nozzle, I don't know how to find that on the Carlin...
  15. Kengie

Thank you for your reply. Yes I have three zones each with it's own Taco Value Head controlled by Lux Kono Smart Thermostat (https://www.luxproducts.com/kono-4/ The model name is actually Kono Smart Theromstat). The water boiler is an cast iron Williamson OWB/OWT-3 S2. What I think I don't...
  16. Kengie

Hi everyone, I have a strange issue in which I don't understand how it works. So I have a Williamson Oil-based boiler Series 2 (W_OWB_OWT_Brochure.pdf (williamson-thermoflo.com)) that has a Hydrostat and I'm using Lux Smart Kono for 3 zones in a 1700 sq. feet two story house. The water based...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks