Search results

1. Paulcalif

What kind of waste overflow is it?

I did have the same question, but I asked Joe about that and he said that it's just a regular tub, no jets (I was there for Easter and didnt look closely). So, pretty confident it's a drain and overflow, but don't hold me to it. I'm also thinking that I won't be able to push the nipple out of...
  2. Paulcalif

That seems to be the only way. But if the pipe breaks I'm blaming you, LOL.
  3. Paulcalif

Looks like I may be able to take the drain apart to give me enough slack to pull the over flow out. Not sure I can get to the under side of the drain, but I'll check next time I'm over there. Thanks everyone
  4. Paulcalif

Thanks Jeff, I didn't see a photo to click on but I'll find the watco 900 or 901 instructions online. I'm assuming I'll have to cut the pipe to replace the seal, right?
  5. Paulcalif

Got some photos. Look familiar?
  6. Paulcalif

I saw that one, and it is very similar BUT, I'm pretty sure the verticle pipe that is flexible in the one you showed, is ridged abs on this one. Threaded street 90 sounds right, but if it's rigid pipe, that would be a bummer. I'd have to cut it out, replace the seal, then put it back with a...
  7. Paulcalif

I should have taken a picture, but now I'm 2 hours away, and it's back together. I wouldn't ask my son to pull the cover off because he's all thumbs. Just picture a 1-1/2 abs threaded nipple sticking out of the over flow hole into the tub about 3/4 of an inch. The nut that screws onto the nipple...
  8. Paulcalif

My son and daughter-in-law, had a big leak and unfortunately, it was their second. They didn't realize that their insurance company kept their rate the same but raised their deductible from $500 to $5000 (at least that's the story I got). Anyway, upstairs leak, drywall torn out and they have no...
  9. Paulcalif

Deep Well problems and questions

I have an old well in the California Desert. It was drilled in 1960 and has an 8" steel casing. The pump was 3hp 220v 3 wire Franklin. The pump pumped a lot of water and air until it stopped pumping recently. The pump was still running but no water. It still pressurized the pipe with a little...
  10. Paulcalif

Old water heater, plastic drain valve, inside house, how to drain?

I like it! Do those dip tubes stay intact over the years? I need to be ready as he's over 100 miles away. Thanks, you given me some good ideas
  11. Paulcalif

Thanks for the reply, using PEX is a good idea. I was thinking of using soft clear poly tubing so I could see the water. I was worried that there might be something inside the tank that would block the tube from going to the bottom of the tank.
  12. Paulcalif

Retired pipefitter, industrial plumber here. Going to help a friend change out a very old water heater with a plastic drain valve. The heater is inside the house so risking changing out the drain valve is probably not a good option. Anyone ever try putting tubing down inside from the outlet port...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks