Search results

1. Bozo

Tub Install & The Drain and Overflow Assembly

Using a no hub between the tub overflow / drain and the p trap would definitely make things easier.......is that what you are saying?
  2. Bozo

Tub Install & The Drain and Overflow Assembly

When setting a tub do you install the drain and overflow assembly on the tub first and then try to connect it to the trap or do you install the drain and overflow assembly and trap together and set the tub on top of it.............or does it matter. Just seems like fitting that last piece of...
  3. Bozo

How much PVC pipe should be seated into a fitting for a safe / secure joint

I know PVC pipe should be seated into a fitting until it reaches the small lip inside the fitting but let's say you're making a repair and you may not be able to achieve full depth. What is acceptable? Note: I'm talking waste / drain line
  4. Bozo

Do I need to sign up for Medicare when I turn 65?

Ok I've read the information on www.medicare.gov and I'm still confused after talking to friends and some other online reading. I'm still working at a job that has 20 or more employees and have health insurance from that job. I think I don't need to sign up for anything since I have insurance...
  5. Bozo

CPVC for Tub Spout

Copy..............I'm going to replace the piping.
  6. Bozo

CPVC for Tub Spout

I think I fugged up............the glue and primer say for pvc and not cpvc
  7. Bozo

CPVC for Tub Spout

Replaced the fittings in the areas of concern.
  8. Bozo

How to Fasten a Flanged Tub in Place and Wall Board Placement

Is drywall compound an acceptable substitute for mortar mix for under the tub?
  9. Bozo

Framing a knee wall that will receive tile.
  10. Bozo

I've looked on line and some tubs don't appear to be fastened and I see some that have screws through the top flange into the studs. Other says place the screw over the top of the flange letting the head hold it down. It's a drop in tub with a ledger board under the rim and a knee wall under the...
  11. Bozo

CPVC for Tub Spout

Called Moen and you are correct sir.............just switch the valve cartridge and shared functions are achieved. Thank you!
  12. Bozo

CPVC for Tub Spout

I'm not a (obviously) plumber also. What part of the valve on this exploded list is the diverter. I assume you are talking about the cartridge correct?
  13. Bozo

CPVC for Tub Spout

I'm not a plumber for forgive me if I ask any stupid question. I'm told that the U232CIS will provide (3) separate functions but not shared. The U362XS does: OPERATION • Supplied Flush Plug allows testing up to 200 PSI with air (300 PSI water) • Installation in thin or thick wall applications •...
  14. Bozo

CPVC for Tub Spout

Ok a new twist in my quest to renovate my bathroom. So I must had a misunderstanding with the salesperson at my local plumbing supply store when discussing my needs / requirements for my valve functions. I thought I asked for a valve for (3) devices that would operate (3) independent and...
  15. Bozo

CPVC for Tub Spout

The nipple is brass, stainless drop ear 90 and not sure what the Moen A721 series drop ell is made of. Can you please go into more detail on what you mean about using more tape for the nipple to stick out more?
  16. Bozo

CPVC for Tub Spout

Copy Moen product spec says the nipple extends 3/8" out from the finished wall so I'll back set the drop ear 90 back to allow the 3/8" to extend out.
  17. Bozo

CPVC for Tub Spout

A better picture of the spout / center of the tub drain.
  18. Bozo

CPVC for Tub Spout

I purchased the suggested items to correct the valve piping. 8" X 12" copper stub 1/2" copper male adapter 1/2" X 1-1/2" brass nipple for the handheld shower 1/2" CPVC / Stainless drop ear 90 for the tub spout and handheld shower Honestly I don't think many baths will be used in the bathroom...
  19. Bozo

CPVC for Tub Spout

So the CPVC supply to the valve is ok but going out to the tub spout should be copper or PEX to a brass threaded female drop ear 90 and copper or galvanized pipe out of the drop ear 90 to the tub spout to not restrict the water flow?
  20. Bozo

CPVC for Tub Spout

Thanks for the guidance everyone. So is the general consensus to install threaded drop ear 90 at the tub spout and add copper for the tub spout and add another drop ear 90 for the hand held screwed it to added 2x4 backing and I should be good. or do I need to replace any of the CPVC piping with...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks