Search results

1. Theo N.

What could cause hammer-like sound at water service entry point?

Thanks, following up on your questions: 1. No pressure-reducing valve. 2. Each event lasts about 1 second; an event consists of between 1 and 4 staccato sounds, and then that's it. 3. I called the city and they said I am on tank-fed gravity flow, but the helper said she would query the...
  2. Theo N.

What could cause hammer-like sound at water service entry point?

I believe I hear a shuddering sound emanating from my 1" Uponor PEX water service line, puzzlingly during times (like at 4:00 AM) when we have no open valves in the house and in fact the house has rested for hours. The underground line surfaces in the crawlspace of my 1-level ranch. It's then...
  3. Theo N.

Can anyone suggest measures to remediate exterior tub drain rust?

Here is a short post after repairing my leaky tub drain. I discovered the drain hole opening was (most likely) created for a 2" drain, but the existing assembly was only 1 1/2". Thus, I hunted for and found an oversize Kohler 2" drain shoe + strainer at one of our local vintage hardware stores...
  4. Theo N.

12 Tips to Love Yourself

Thank you for posting this, it helped me see some things in a new light
  5. Theo N.

From poly to PEX on repairs

I repaired two PB lines at my Dad's house by installing the Sharkbite adapter. Sharkbite makes a special adapter solely for PB tubes, it has a recognizable gray collar on the PB end and Home Depot sells them. From the adapter I then installed Uponor PEX, and then an Uponor stop valve. Big...
  6. Theo N.

Thanks for the reply. That helps me understand my situation in new ways. I really appreciate it, thanks
  7. Theo N.

Jadnashua: thanks for the reply. We don't really know the interior condition, for reasons stated in connection with the pictures. I included a pic of the tub front's exterior, if that helps suggest inferences as to interior. Our decision to refinish the tub in situ is as much economics and...
  8. Theo N.

Greetings to the group: This post seeks info on removing drain rust beneath a 1962-era cast iron tub before resurfacing. I inspected the bottom of my tub, from the crawlspace. Some fresh-looking rust is emerging from between the shoe gasket and the tub bottom. It has spread to about 1/4 inch...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks