Search results

1. E

50% of my 1/2" pex a connections leak

I found the smoking gun yesterday. In case anyone runs into this same problem, here is what was going on: I happened to look at the VEVOR expansion tool from the side as it was expanding a pipe+sleeve. When expanding under load (i.e., with an actual pipe around it) all the fingers bunch up on...
  2. E

Will be testing 18 new connections tomorrow. FWIW, here are some images of the 1/2" head on this tool. The first image is the fully contracted state and the second image shows it fully expanded. The 1/2" head is... less symmetric than the larger ones. I am going to try pushing the spring...
  3. E

I am having only a 50% success rate in making 1/2" pex A connections that do not leak (out of 8 attempted connections). All the fittings are brass. I have a 100% success rate making 3/4" pex A connections that do not leak (on 10 connections, mostly brass). I would like to isolate the problem...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks