Search results

1. J

Teaching myself to solder - looking for feedback

Thanks for providing your feedback! I've been using the technique where you use approximately the length of solder as your pipe diameter. For these, I was using just shy of 1/2".
  2. J

Teaching myself to solder - looking for feedback

Hello all! I've learned so much from this forum - you've all done something really great here. As titled, I've taken on teaching myself to solder. I watched every single one of Got2Learn's videos on Youtube on soldering as well as a ton of others before even attempting my first one. Went out and...
  3. J

Any idea why this was plumbed this way? Seems wasteful...

Hey Jeff - hasn't changed. Apologies for the confusion the image may have induced. I only included to show how it ties in to the rest of the home and then out to septic. The only piece that was called to replace is the 4" CI DWV (circled in red in the first pic). The only change to the original...
  4. J

Will do! Going full send! W is washing machine - correct. As for the 'lavatory drain to connect to the toilet drain before the standpipe'...do you mean in relation to the septic tank as a final destination? In that case...the toilet drains into the drain line before the water from the washer...
  5. J

No pumps here! Just a mid 60s construction Florida home partially build on slab and the rest on crawlspace! Completely speculating but I think what may have happened was they didn't have a CI wye and/or didn't want to cut it into a smaller piece with two no-hub ends... I think I'm going to...
  6. J

Replacing a 4" cast iron drain that services a toilet, washer, and sink that's ~20' in length before it ties into a 4" PVC DWV line. There's another 2" cast iron drain for the kitchen and dishwasher that runs above it, crosses over and away from it, then connects with a 2" PVC 45 degree elbow...
  7. J

DWV Design - Replacing Double San Tee w/ Inlet between Toilets

Adding a picture of the as builts as I saw in another thread it was requested for a similar question.
  8. J

DWV Design - Replacing Double San Tee w/ Inlet between Toilets

Hello everyone! I have a home I purchased this year that has had some opportunity in the work done on it by the previous owner. Florida block home built in the 60s that most of the cast iron drains have been replaced in but still a bit lingering around in places. The toilets in the hall bath...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks